Sunday, February 23, 2014

Working hard, or Hardly working!?

Dear family,                                                                  10-29-12
       Man we worked hard this week, we were going to have a baptism this week but she couldn´t because of her work. She has been working so much because the other lady that works with her had an operation and she couldn´t help out for a while and our investigator has been working all day from 10 in the morning to 10 at night. And her companion couldn´t come in on sat. So we ended this month with only 2 baptisms but that ok we have seen other miracles in our area this week. Tuesday afternoon, while we were doing an exchange with other missionaries, I was with Elder Bulacio from Argentina and him and his companion don´t like contacting a lot. They do about 30 a week but never more, so we tried to do a lot of contacts with them so they learn to love it. When we started out the afternoon going to an a appointment and they weren´t there so I said lets go to the next one, and I knew we were going to have to contact so I said, lets knock these 3 houses, I haven´t knocked them yet! (It was the same street as our house) and so we knocked the first one and just normal and put their direction down and invited them to church and everything just like normal. The second house had on the door, "this home is catholic". I thought oh great we are going to get the door in our face, but we knocked and an older lady answered and looked very receptive and happy. And so we asked her if we could come in and teach her more about the church. She said "of course" and she grabbed a couple seats and as well we invited her grandson to participate, and it was such a great lesson. It was so powerful we told her that we were sent by god and this is what she needed. Her house was/is full of Catholic things but she felt we were sent by God. The next day we visited her and again, and with tears in her eyes, she said "my whole life I have always needed someone to explain the things to me and you are finally here." the Bishop gave the class of Gospel Principles and she asked the bishop if she should give up everything about being catholic for this, and he explained how he was catholic but found the truth. She said if I have to give up everything about being catholic for this I´ll do it! I then went in the afternoon and taught her and she is going to be baptized this 10th of November. I love finding people that are prepared. I always love telling the missionaries that I feel more like a missionary when I am contacting than anything else. I love baptizing contacts that I´ve done because it just makes me feel that what I am doing makes a huge difference. It’s crazy! 
       Well I hope you all know I´m working hard and not just hardly working! We as well had Zone Leader Council and it was really cool, we practically just practiced for 3 hours with the president and it was alot of fun! Well I hope everything is going well I´m just going to give my all until the end! Love you guys!!

Love, 

     Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment