Monday, March 14, 2011

My first accepted challenge!!

Dear Family and Friends, 3-7-11

Wow this week has just flown by. It has been a super enjoyable week and I just don`t want tomorrow to come because its transfers. I don`t know if I`m staying or going but in a couple hours I will know. I actually don`t want to switch areas or companions. We are loving this time and....WELL I JUST RECIEVED MY NEW ASSIGNMENT LIKE 2 SECONDS AGO. So I`m not leaving the area...YAYAYAYA!! But.....I`m going to have a newbie! You thought 10 months was quick to be a trainer well I`m going to be a trainer for my second transfer. CRAZY no? I can`t believe this I don`t know what to think right now, I`m actually in huge shook. But that’s ok my Spanish has sky rocketed these past couple weeks and I guess the lord know what’s best! I don`t know what to say right now, WOW. I did write down this down this week, I want a calendar in whoever sends my next package. A monthly calendar because everything they have here is a single calendar on one page for the entire year. I want one I can plan on and write important dates.

So having success in our area, I`ve told you about familia Ortega and we ate dinner over at their house Sat. which was cool until I threw up! They were totally cool and understood because honestly I loved the food but I don`t know what it was that my stomach just literally rejected and just threw up a little. Haha I have tried some cool food, Octopus and guinea pig. The Octopus wasn`t that good, like it didn`t taste bad but it was just tough and not just to chew but the Guinea Pig was pretty good! I liked it. ;-)

Oh and back to Familia Ortega last night when we went and visited with them we answered a lot of their questions and we had challenged them to baptism before and they have been praying and just aren`t sure like they want to but aren’t positive and Elder Iquic told them that yeah just keep praying kind of thing and we were about to wrap it up and leave and I`m like I have to do something because it’s been the same thing for 2 weeks and so I asked them maybe it would be good for a goal; a little promise with God that we pick a date and we will prepare you for that date and if you feel ready then go ahead with it and if you don`t then it’s always your choice but to pick a date. And so we picked a date on the 26 of March and so they are getting ready for baptism. I think with a date they will really start thinking hard about this baptism thing and so I think it will work out because we have asked them before what’s holding you back from being baptized? They said nothing really they just didn`t receive an answer so I think this is great for them. We also have a young boy that’s really smart and listening to us, he is 12 and his uncle is a member and leaving on a mission in June or something so we started teaching him as well and his family listened in on the last discussion and they are receptive because they have a family member that is a part of this so it’s a good gate way!

Besides all that nothing much else to report, oh besides I saw the best sunset ever in my life. We have an area called Arboleda and in this area you have a nice view of the beach and so we went to the top of a sand dune and the sun was just setting and it looked so pretty over the ocean and super big and beautiful orange. We got some pictures on my companions camera, I need today, but it was so pretty. I`m so glad I`m not leaving the ocean! It’s nice right now, has some cloud cover every once in a while from the ocean which makes it really nice. well I`m keeping you all in my prayers and love you all so much and thanks so much for your support, I think I`m going to need it for this next transfer its going to be a new experience trying to train someone after only 1 transfer. Don`t forget what this church is all about and that is serving those around us and sharing this blessed restored gospel with our friends.

Con Amor,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment