Monday, March 28, 2011

No bautismos!

Dear family and friends, 3/28/2011

Well this week was great and bad at the same time. I had training all day Wednesday and went to the temple Friday and they were both just great. The training was about a new way of teaching. Now in the MTC they are going to change how they teach new missionaries. They are going to teach 8 lessons on how to teach and things like that and then the missionaries will learn the 5 lessons you teach in the field in the field. Right now we are learning these 8 different lessons, 4 last week and then 4 more this week, but I have the best mission pres. ever! He is so wonderful. The temple, this is one of the best sessions of my life, and one of the shortest, sometimes I felt like they were long but it went by so fast but it was so nice and I felt like I really needed it! Then after since we were in central Lima we bought pizza and it was SO GOOD!!!!! No kidding the best food I have ever tasted I feel like because it had been so long since I have had fresh pizza. MMM

Ok Familia Ortega wasn´t baptized but they are getting closer. They had a couple doubts about things but they are starting to understand a ton of things. And it was funny yesterday when we were over there we talked to them for a long time and then we talked about what is different from our church and other churches and they were nailing it with how they felt and everything when we teach compared to others and then the mom asked, ´´well why don´t the other churches talk about José smith if its in the bible? I´m like well DUH!!!! If they said he was a prophet they would be in our church!!! I just thought it was funny so now I know she has a little bit of a testimony of José Smith. We have another one we have been working on and a bunch we want to get baptized for the 16 or 17 of April and so that our goal! and Familia Ortega whenever they finally get up the guts to take a swim! lol

But everything is going good, the spot where the dog bite me is healing super fast, haha seems like nobody caught that at the end of my last email. oh well, yea I was bit by a dog and now have a little hole in one of my pants. :-( but all is well! Today we get to go to the Beach in my area and we are going to play Ultimate Frisbee!!!! aaaaAAARRRRRRRRRIBA!! So excited it feels like it has only been a week sense our last real P-day and time is just flying by, I´m so serious it is crazy how quick time is especially because we are SO busy! It’s so good though and I´m just loving it.

Ummm my lesson for the week is sometimes we think too much with our head and not with our heart. If you feel something is right do it, that’s how the spirit talks to you, I had a cool experience with knocking on a door last week where we were just passing by. Usually I like doing just contacts in the street as we walk places because we just don´t usually have the time to wait for people to answer doors. We walked by this house and I didn´t feel super special or something magical but I just was like I´m going to knock on this door because I need to. And it opened up and we talked to these two guys for like 30 mins and taught them and they didn´t attend church but we´ll get them. ;-) Anyway if you’re doing what’s right don´t question if it’s the spirit or not, just do those things you feel are right!

Oh and for you Dad I´m in Lima the City but it is HUGE right, Lima is the size of Guatemala. But I´m in the district of Ancon (the second largest district in Lima and its along the coast. so that should help with your search, or you could go to lds.org and search the ward miramar! and no I haven´t received your package so that’s showing you I just might not receive it, but let me know how you sent it; like was it in a official box and what kind of stuff did you pay for it to get it here. Thanks for everything and love you all!

Con Amor de la Playa,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment