Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I want more!!

I have been so bad about posting his letters, so here is a ketchup post.

Dear Family and Friends, April 4, 2011

Conference can`t be over already I want more. :-( Yes I got to watch all 5 session and in English with 3 other gringo missionaries. It was so great. I learned so much and because it was in English I cried the first talk because it was just so clear and beautiful. It was hard looking at all the beautiful pictures of salt lake though because first it was clean, and they have pretty flowers and it was GREEN!! There is none of that here in Peru, at least not in my mission, lol. But it was great, I loved who ever said, ``if you are looking for a church that is easy, This is not the one!`` This church doesn`t just require a little of your money, or a little time for church ever week, no it requires your life. This week has probably been the best week for me and I feel powerful and ready now. I feel like I could just talk to anyone and explain why this church is the true church, and although people won`t want to listen because they are just catholic, someone told us they couldn`t listen to us because they were catholic, but she wants to know more but because she catholic she says she can`t. some excuse huh? But its just been such a wonderful week. this new way of teach with focusing on more of the spirit then the lesson is making it harder to keep my lessons shorter but its 10x more effective. It blows my mind how much more success you can have.

I had a perfect day this week though, and it was Wednesday, we woke up in the morning and went the office and had a training ALL day and it was so great, and for lunch we had pizza which was super delicious and then at the end I GOT MY PACKAGE!!! YES it’s here so send another one! (and explain to Logan and Abby how too) and then I also got a Dear Elder from Emily after all that I went over to This family Ortega and we committed for sure to baptism!!!!! They are getting baptized this FRIDAY!!! HALLALUJA!!! so it was just a perfect day! Oh and Thank for SO MUCH for the package, I love every single thing that’s in it. it’s so wonderful and I put the calendar and Christmas card up on my wall. ;-). I love it to death.

I`ll be honest I am loving my mission right now, my Spanish is doing a lot better, I have a lot to improve on but I can understand and say a lot. I did have a problem last night when familia Ortega played a trick on us. We asked them if they were excited for their baptism and all that and they said this, ¨we have decided we don`t.....(and they paused forever)....want to be left without baptism¨ and I was a little confused and didn`t get it and I thought they didn`t want to get baptized or wanted it later or something but no they are super excited and they wrote it down on a piece of paper I will probably keep forever. And so my week has been going so good. Conference went by so fast I want another 10 hours! You just love ever single minute of it, I feel like I`m literally hungry for the gospel right now and just love every minute of study in the morning and wish I could have more time to study and right now I decided to take a break from d&C and am ready Revelation which is interesting and it actually talks a ton about the restoration you just have to dig it out, one flake of gold at a time! It’s been wonderful.

Oh I did see something sad this week, a public demonstration. no one got hurt or anything but I was waiting in line at the bank and you’re not supposed to sell things in front of the bank it’s against the law and so there are always a ton of people selling things, like these little eggs or fruit and stuff but this truck that was on the road was passing and I guess it was a group that enforced the law and they pulled up real quick grabbed a ladies cart of whatever she was selling and just took it away and she was fighting them and crying because these cards are their lives, that was her income and these men were just doing the law and so it was sad to watch but it was the law and I guess that’s a lesson the church wants us to obey the law so we aren`t in any harm’s way of losing something legally.

Frisbee was also really fun last week at the beach and I got some cool pictures of my in the air catching the Frisbee with the ocean and everything in the background its cool. and we don`t have church next week ;-( we have to stay in our room all day because its elections for president down here and so we can`t do anything that day just study all day long and I`m actually super excited to use that time to learn more Spanish and ready the scriptures.

Well that’s all I have to report but I`m loving it here in wonderful Peru and its starting to get a little cooler and feeling good so that’s exciting but thank you everyone for your prayers and love. I love you all and thank you all for your help and guidance!

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment