Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Proselytizing with my convert!!

Dear Family and Friends, May 30, 2011

Well its transfers again and....nobody is changing. haha there is a new area in our zone where we are going to have two new missionaries and then as well one other missionary changed, So nothing much to report on that, we were anticipating a change for us but maybe in 6 weeks again. Anyway I`m glad to hear from so many people this week a big old 0 people wrote me this week.(bad, bad parents) I bet right now you guys are either coming from the lake house or at the lake house! (We were actually home, so even more bad) That’s ok though I expect big letters next week! lol (Thanks for forgiving us) but this week was really great, pretty fun and always has its good days and bad days but a lot of fun. one baptism this week and it was AMAZING, she was so happy and after she said in her testimony that she now wants her family to learn more and follow as well. We have an appointment with her daughter this week. We had a really fun time with her at the baptism and she is so funny we were taking pictures with like peace signs and funny stuff as well.

We had another awesome experience this week, we had that knocking doors activity with our ward and it was great fun and we got a ton of references for the other missionaries in our ward. (this next month we are going to do the same thing but in our area) But you all know Fam. Ortega but the father Cesar came to the activity and I worked it out so I was with him in his group and we went to this area and started knocking doors with him and with another returned missionary who is cool. And I mean he was telling me before how nervous he was and stuff but when we started knocking he was pretty chill and we were teaching a quick lesson and when we finish the sister had a question/concern, she was like "all I have heard about the Mormons is they have a lot of money" and we all kind of laughed especially me because this was the same thing Cesar said before, so I let him tell her how he felt about this and that it really isn`t like that at all. and he started testifying to her about the church and that he knew it was true and everything and it was a great experience for me to be teaching and seeing my convert testifying about the church and continuing the to spread the gospel in his own area. I got some awesome pictures as well and it was awesome I loved it.

Besides that I`ve just been having a wonderful time with my companion and we are just loving this time and we are seeing the fruits of our labors. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!!!!

Anyway have a great time and hope the picnic goes well today and tell everything that the water slide idea on the hill started with me!!!

love you all and remember sharing your testimony the most powerful thing we have, We only have one weapon of attack and that is the sword of the Spirit!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Corbett

... at least I got it posted in a timely manner this week. I think if I have to make a choice in posting a letter or writing to him, I better write next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment