Saturday, May 21, 2011

Because of your many prayers you need to pray for me more!!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 4/25/11

Well I guess I`ll start off with transfers, any objections? I didn`t think so! so I`m in.....The same area!! haha fooled you, but now my area is half as big and twice as strong. We got 2 more missionaries in our ward so my area is only half of what it used to be, but I have the better half...the ocean!! hahaha I am with the same companion which is fun and great and so nothing really changed EXCEPT....drum roll please....I`m district Leader!! WOO HOO! wow my 3rd transfer and I`m district leader. I think there are too many people praying for me, because my 2nd transfer I was a trainer and now I`m district leader I don`t know what I`m going to do. So now that all your prayers have brought me to this you need to pray for me more because I don`t feel ready to be a district leader yet but hey what the president says-goes! I`ve been on the phone a lot more now and calling my district then after the zone leaders then my district then if they have a question the zone leaders then I have to call them back and blah blah blah blah. I`m so sick of being on the phone and I`ve only been doing this for one week! haha I guess I`ll get used it to it though. I am really nervous but also really excited at the same time.

HAPPY EASTER!!! I kind of forget it was even Easter yesterday because people in the church don`t really do anything here for it. no eggs no bunnies no nothin! But here in Peru last week was called "semana santa" which is like holy week and they do different stuff in the week, but this is the Catholics not us. They watch videos one night that come on the TV at like 10 or 11 at night and then one night at like 7 they did these parades in which they take up the whole street and have big light up statues of the "santos" which I don`t understand at all but they have all their saints that they worship and parade the streets, but for us it was pretty normal, I liked at night before going to bed though reading the Liahona which has a lot about Easter and then I read every account in the Bible (4 right?) that talked about his atonement, crucifixion and resurrection! Which was interesting because I don`t read that bible much and that made me really want to read the New Testament. I`m almost done with D&C though and then I`ll start the bible. After I finish D&C I’ll have finished that and the Book of Mormon on my mission. I have taken so much time to read D&C, but I have been learning a ton.

Oh and mom it doesn`t matter if you tell me what you’re doing in the days because I can do those things when I get back and no big problem, but who can say they were in Peru and walked the beach and saw the beautiful sunsets! ME!!! I feel like you guys should be jealous and sad that you aren`t here, not that I`m not there. ;-) Oh yeah and also in the package I have something I would love for you to send if you can find it. Paper!!! whole punched paper, I have a little binder it is smaller than normal size like probably the paper is I don`t know 3.5 by 6. I`m not exactly sure but If you could find paper with 3 hole punches I would love just tons of it!! Because that’s what I use for notes and so many other things now and would just love to have more paper because they don`t have it here, anywhere!!! It’s hard enough finding regular size paper but that would be wonderful!!

Also this is the week of a competition for you guys. I need an awesome BYU logo that I can put on a sports jersey, Who ever makes the best design wins! It just needs to be a logo that says BYU big on it and it can have a little saying if you want but it has to be AWESOME!!! and maybe with my name but I`m also going to put Corbett on the back. It’s awesome I can buy this from a member for about 6 soles which is like 2 dollars. so I told her I wanted an awesome blue jersey for my university and I`ll get her a logo. but just email it to me and that would be awesome!! haha GO, FIGHT, WIN, COUGARS!!! GRRRAAARRR! LOL I`m having way to much fun haha.

Umm also for Mothers Day mom I`m not sure exactly but it’s one hour on mothers day (5-8-11) I think around 3 or 4 in the afternoon and we get to call a couple days before to set up a time! I`m getting so excited, I think you can call me, that would be great and I`m not sure how exactly the numbers work but I will make sure 100% I have that information next week. My number is 017787101 but I`m not sure how it works yet. I`ll check up on that!

Oh so funny story Ok so I had a meeting Sat. to learn what I`m doing as a district leader and the zone leaders never showed up which was sad but on the way home we got on a bus and in the back was bro. and sis. Ortega, which are the parents of the recently baptized family and they were just coming back from the market (which they used to do on Sunday WOO HOO) and I talked to them and he asked me, We used to call ourselves Catholics, What are we supposed to call ourselves now? haha I just thought it was so funny but I told him use the whole name of the church, "The WHOLE name?" "yeah it’s better that way." But I just thought it was funny, What do we call ourselves, he was like a lost child not knowing what he was called.

Well I`m out of time, but I love you all and thank you all for your prayers and love.

Con Amor,

Elder Carson Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment