Thursday, May 19, 2011

I gave my left arm for that baptism!!!

Dear Family and friends, 4-11-11

Well this week has been a lot of EVERYTHING!!! A little disappointment here and lot of joy there and a lot of TIRED!! Well this Family along with 2 others was baptized this week. YUP it’s done, they are baptized and confirmed and they can`t change their mind now. No, it’s great! I was all excited for this Wednesday when we went to visit Fam. Ortega and the mom was having major doubts about the Book of Mormon and wasn`t sure if she was ready to be baptized, and so we talk to them and she wasn`t in a very good mood I think. lol she said yeah if we are ready we will show up tomorrow for the interviews and we left. haha I was for some reason certain they wouldn`t show up but THEY DID. Where is my faith? But they showed up and they were baptized the next day. We did have a miracle this week though. One of our investigators Cristian, who came to church with his friend, Aaron, about 4 weeks ago for the first time. Well this last Monday we got a call from Aaron saying that Cristian called him and had permission from his parents to be baptized and wanted to be baptized that Friday. Well we weren`t going to say no but we did have a little more to teach him and so we got busy and taught him Tuesday and Wednesday and then Thursday had his interview and was baptized Friday! It was such a great baptism. You know Satan doesn`t want baptisms, and he will do whatever it take to stop them. Well he tried to stop this one, but we wouldn`t let him. We have to use a baptismal font in another ward because we are in a church house for the moment and don`t have a real church and so when we went to get this font ready it still had water in it from the last baptism and was just nasty. and we couldn`t find a key to a room that had the pump to empty it and so me and my companion emptied buckets of water into the drains for this baptism. I did this for 1 1/2 hours until it was almost empty and cleaned it. It was a good thing we did this right after service and we were in service clothes but I didn`t know until yesterday my companion counted how many buckets we carried. He switched hands but for the entire time I used my left arm to carry the buckets and then dumped it into the sink in the girl’s bathroom right there and he said he carried about 325 buckets of water! HOLY COW!! That’s a lot. I was happy I could just lift the people out of the water for the baptism and my arm wasn`t sore until sat. and then sun. even worst. But I’m just glad everything turned out perfect!! 4 in a complete family and 1 grandma that is just so nice and then a youth! It was great!

Yesterday I did have the opportunity to sleep and study all day because it was elections and it was just great to take a little bit of a day off and "relax". I don`t know who won but maybe I`ll figure it out soon, I heard someone named Ollanta was winning last night but we weren`t allowed to leave our rooms except to go eat food. My area was real quiet and not a lot of commotion but I`m sure as you got closer into central Lima it got a little more crazy. But that’s about all for this week, we now need a lot more new investigators and so a lot more contacts this week and looking for people to teach because we don`t have any baptismal dates in our area right now, we need to work on that! ;-)

Thanks everyone for your support and love and I`m glad to hear I`m not the only one that is getting blessed for my service but I did put up some papers around my room. Like one says "why are you here?" so I can remember my purpose, and then right above my bed on the ceiling I put "what is your excuse today?" to remind me if someone asks why you didn`t get up on time? And I don`t have an excuse how bad I would feel, so it gets me up on time ever morning and makes me exercise. I think I`m getting fatter which isn`t good but it’s not really my fault they feed us so much for lunch I just want to die! lol I think I`m going to tell the hermana that we need less food for lunch! I love being in control of my food. Oh and if anyone said I wouldn`t be eating roman here in Peru is WRONG, lol they actually have roman here, well they just call in instant soup and now that she knows I like it, we get it every couple days! ;-) lol its awesome. Today we are going into Central Lima to just look around at stuff and do some gift shopping I guess. It will be fun! Oh and if you saw my cases for my Spanish scriptures which are awesome and that’s llama skin, I bought some more for my English scriptures and they sized them to fit so I`ll be waiting for those soon. It’s awesome seeing all the different stuff they have here that they use for things. I love it! Well I got to go and hope everyone has a great week! Love you all and thanks for all your support!

Elder Corbett!

No comments:

Post a Comment