Tuesday, May 24, 2011

6 MONTHS!!!!

Dear Family and friends, May 16, 2011

So tomorrow I complete 6 months in my mission. WOW time is fast and all I have to do now is serve a sister mission. haha that makes it sound so long. lol but when I told my companion that he said he`s going to call me sister Corbett now for the rest of my mission. He is funny.

Well this week has been a little slow I felt like and a little hard to be honest. I did have a lot of fun this week with my companion and we laughed a ton at different things, Peru is crazy and has some of the weirdest people. I can`t give Peru the justice it deserves you have to come and see it for yourself, it’s just funny this area. I think I`m going to be in this area for a while longer. The president in his letter to the mission said that the senior companion is usually in his area for at least 6 to 8 months and I just about have 4 months here so I could have a ton more time. My first transfer here I told my papa that I felt like I was going to have 4 transfers here and now I`m almost done with 3 so maybe that's saying something. But this week we have been having a lot of success in finding people to teach but it’s harder to get people to attend church because where we are finding people is far from church. Noone just has cars to go pick them up and so they have to pay for their entire family to get to the church in a taxi. It’s complicated but I really want to figure out a plan that we can get them to church and get more people learning about this gospel because there is a special spirit to the church and that's where we receive revelation for ourselves and that's when people really learn this church is true as well; first on their knees and next in the chapel.

This past week the president attended our district meeting and it was just great and he is so amazing and smart, the best mission president in the whole world!! I promise and if you don`t believe me, you haven`t meet him. Then this week as well we had interviews with him and that was great to talk to him about everything that's been going on and my district but Now tomorrow we get to go to the temple again! WAHOOO!!! I`m so excited to go, it’s going to be awesome. I can`t wait it’s always a real great privilege to refresh the batteries in the house of the lord. Oh and this week, as well, we have another baptism, It’s the one I told you guys about that had the dream about us and she knows this church is true and just is real excited to get baptized and follow this step of the Lord.

Well this week as well in a store I gave them my memory card and they took all the pictures off my camera and put it on my USB I have and so now I can send you some pictures. So here are some awesome pictures as well this week.

Love you and thanks for all your support and prayers sometimes I really need it!

Con Amor,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment