Tuesday, May 24, 2011

getting colder!

A few pictures that he sent home.

He is a handsome happy missionary!









Dear Family and friends, May 23, 2011

Well everyone, this week went by pretty fast. I learned a ton this week; I had a work visit from a zone leader and so that was a lot of fun being able to work with a white person for a while so that was interesting and fun. We have been having a ton of success with new people this week, one reference already attended church and has a baptismal date and others are really interested. We didn`t have a baptism this week but we are going to have 2 this weekend hopefully if we can get in all of their teaching. The one had some doubts about it and she just didn`t feel quite ready yet but she is awesome and knows it’s true (she probably said that about 5 times the last visit). We also have another younger girl that's 22 and has a boyfriend in the church and they want to get married and sealed and so this Sat. it will be awesome with them and she can feel this awesome power of the atonement in her life through baptism. Also I`m pretty excited this sat. in the morning we are going to have an awesome activity with the whole ward and go knock doors. We have a area we have never really explored much but we are going with the whole ward to knock doors in that area. Why don`t you guys do something like that it would be awesome and like a million references for the missionaries and really put them to work hard. They would have so many people they wouldn`t know what to do! And with that the members then want to help with the people that they contacted because they felt the joy of this work so you`ll get a report next week on how that goes. I heard this ward had done that in the past and was really successful and so we will see!!! I`m excited.

Sounds like the school year is winding down and that's really good and summer is coming, well for me the cold is starting to creep in and take us but it hasn`t been to cold I just really want my jacket because it will be perfect for how it is here. But it’s nice and calm around 4 o`clock, the sad part is for probably the next 3 or 4 months we are going to have nothing but clouds and no sun. :-( but that's ok that's not the important part.

I`m glad so many people wrote me this week it’s always a real pleasure to hear from you guys individually, sorry it’s hard to write back all the time but I`ll keep trying and love you all and thanks for your prayers we will see if I get some other crazy responsibility next week with transfers. I have one missionary in my district who is going to die this next week and go back home and he was doing really really well until this last week when he became a little trunky but I couldn`t imagine having only a week left then I`d be in my house. I just started and I`m already 1/4 done. that is crazy. Oh yeah and about that I burnt a tie as well and so when I get those pictures I`ll show you guys it was really fun and some really cool pics.

Anyways love you all and thanks for your prayers and concerns!

Con Amor,

Elder Carson Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment