Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I don`t think God celebrates Birthdays!

Dear Family and Friends, 8-8-11

Wow thanks for all your happy birthdays and I kept my head up yesterday but it probably was the worst day in my mission until about 5:30 when we had a good appointment with the son of a recent convert that I baptized and we drank some, Inka, Cola to celebrate my birthday. First off for the first time in my mission my baptism didn`t come to church for the confirmation, that was a little sad. None of my 3 investigators that came wanted to stay after sacrament for the classes, oh well. We then had a lunch appointment with some members that said they would make me chicken for my birthday and we went there for lunch and when we walked it we sat down and just didn`t have chicken so I just shared a scripture and left without lunch. We went and visited some other people that was really weird and then we went to the sister that didn`t come to her confirmation to ask her why, they were celebrating 2 birthdays yesterday as well so they offered us food and we ate some soup and Guinea pig with them. It didn`t have that good of a taste the only thing that was good was the Guinea pig itself. But that’s ok! I`m working hard and keeping my head up but because god doesn`t have time he didn`t celebrate my birthday LOL.

In other news I got robbed as well this week by a very honorable robber he stole 10 soles but he was really nice at the same time, it’s actually a really funny story haha. He told us after he took 10 soles that, "hey but watch out with your cameras because the people up there will steal them" haha and then when he was about 50 feet away he yelled back to us "watch out" in a kind voice, I wanted to yell back "cookies are on sell at the market!!!" haha it was pretty crazy and it was transport money so the whole time I was thinking I really hope this is reimbursed. but that was a cool experience.

We meet someone this week whose family is catholic and he`s 15 years old, he said that when he goes to that church he doesn`t feel full spiritually. Hhe said when we knocked on the door he felt like it was a sign to try and look in to a different church. I think in no time at all, he`s hit the water. He attended sacrament meeting this week and like a million youth got up and shared their testimonies, because they got to go to the MTC here in Peru. That would be such a cool experience before your mission.

I started teaching English classes with the other American companion, Elder Driessen, in our ward and it was REALLY fun. We taught them how to pray! We got some really good laughs with the people because we are just a bunch of goofballs. Well I don`t know if I forgot any other part of my week, and oh ya I`m district leader mom and we have transfers in 2 weeks who knows what will happen this time, I told the president that I would love to stay in my area longer. haha it will be weird to change areas for the first time.

Well love you all and hope all is well in Virginia and all the other places the family has grown to.

Elder Corbett de 20 Años

Happy Birthday Buddy! I remember the day you were born and how practically perfect everything was on that day. I had spend the day at the park with Logan and Heidi. I fixed dinner and thought by chance I might be in labor. Yep you were born at about 11:30 ish pm. I got to ride in a wheelchair, with you on my lap all wrapped in a warm blanket, to our room. Love it because with the other two births I was wheeled in a bed up to my room and not with my precious baby. You were always a good sleeper, starting to sleep through the night at 6 day old. Love you to infinite and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment