Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I hate when other people ruin your good time :(

Dear Family and friends, 8-1-11

Well this week was a little crazy as my first week as an uncle to be honest. We had emergency transfers! There were a lot of emergency transfers and me and my companion weren`t a part of it until the day before. I didn`t change areas, what a shock, but my companion, and son, and best friend in the mission did. I was really devastated. It’s like you prepare for transfers and everything and ya you might leave your companion but when you’re in the middle of a transfer it sucks. This was Wednesday when we changed and my new companion is Elder Cobar also from Guatemala, and for all you out there I know how to speak the slang in Guatemala! They don`t speak in the same for, its like here they speak "usted" or "tu" but in Guatemala they speak something called "voz" and so I`ve learned in these past months how to speak it and I`m pretty good. So I`ll have to take a trip there! This companion I knew before, my first transfer here he was in the next area and then he left and now he`s back in the same zone. But I`ll be honest I miss my other companion, and holy cow poor guy he is now District leader as well and of course senior companion. Just when everything was perfect some other companionship has to come in to ruin it. Oh well I`m hoping this next transfer in 3 weeks I go to a new area that might open up in the mountains. never has the gospel been preached there and so that would just be my dream to be a pioneer and the first one with the restored gospel in that area! Oh I want to go, maybe if I ask the president he`ll let me go. LOL but that’s how this week has been. Up and down and last week I had the BEST district meeting and I thought we would have great success after and now I only have one other person in my district this week that’s the same because everything changed and my district is different. I`ll make out of it what I can!

Umm, for my birthday I`m going to eat chicken at a members house, that is all that is happening. I don`t know, in our mission I feel birthdays are not special or maybe I just don`t want it to be to special. But you guys should eat peirogies (don`t have any ideas how to spell it) but I have a huge craving for those right now or maybe you should all eat chicken, rice, and potatoes to remember what I eat every day. ;-)

Oh and my baptism didn`t go through she didn`t show up for the interview and so this next week we`ll get her in the water. We are working with a couple of the people that want to get baptized or are attending which is the best.

Anyway I hope everyone has a great week especial cute little Hudson! I love you all and thanks for your prayers and blessings, I`m trying my best.

Love always,

Elder Corbett

p.s. the picture of the group was my district the last transfer. I think that was the best district ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment