Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Indepence of Perù

Dear Family and Friends and baby Hudson!, 7-25-11
I`m so happy to hear that I`m a uncle I don`t know what to say and my eyes are real teary. It makes me think about a lot of things. You all are so lucky to get to be with him real soon and I just can`t wait to meet him in 16 months. So I guess I`m not the first birthday anymore to start all months of birthdays it’s now Hudson. But really congratulations on your gift from God, Abby and Logan, he may scream and cry but remember it’s a gift. ;-)
This week we had a baptism and it went great he is wonderful, from the first week we taught him he has assisted the church and everything that he can and he probably lives at the farthest part of our area. He`s really wonderful and he´s 76 years old. He’s awesome. Nobody celebrates pioneer day here especially because this week on the 28th it’s the Independence of Perù so everyone is excited for that and after sacrament meeting for the final hymn they sang the anthem. It was interesting and they did it after the closing prayer but at the very end the bishop goes, "vive Perù" (live perù) and everything screams it back, it was funny. Then someone asked me what the anthem was for USA and I sang a little but it was funny, I was doing the things for the baptism in the computer at the church and he started humming the anthem of the US and I go, "YEAH that’s our anthem" and he was like, "yeah I hear it all the time on the Olympics!" and I started to laugh, yup we win a lot don`t we. I bought a big flag of Perù and put it in my window for the week. I heard if you don`t have a flag on your house the government makes you pay or something. Its weird but there is a lot of red and white all over.
We had a good sacrament meeting, 4 investigators showed up for church but only one has a baptismal date....for right now. We finally made a breakthrough with the family of a recent convert and we are now teaching her 2 children and one grandchild that lives with her and her son came to church with her yesterday!! I`m excited and if we just keep at it with helping them they will be baptized real soon.
Yes this was the jacket I wanted and I LOVE IT!! It’s just perfect for this weather because it doesn`t get too cold her maybe down to 40 degrees at the most at night but the thing is when it gets a little chilly here you can`t just enter your house to escape it because the houses aren`t built the same so your house is the same temperate as outside.
Love you all and hope everything is going great and I`m still working hard here in Ancon, Lima, Perù,
Elder Carson Corbett

Burning of a tie for the 6 month milestone.

The field is white and ready to harvest!

Go forward Elder Corbett and thrust in you sickle.......



No comments:

Post a Comment