Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Street Full of Cash!!

Dear Family and Friends, 7-18-11

So, this week was a little hard to just know I`m not going anywhere. I`m the Anconero of the Mission and just love the area but I feel like I`m never going to leave. But we got back to it and last week was a really promising week. We had a goal of 5 baptisms for this month and names and everything and with almost all of these names they all fell...at least for this month. But we went to a new part of Villa de Ancon (which is a area that’s a little farther away.) and went looking for this street called Ancash for a ref. and there we contacted this man (Moreno I`ll talk about him in a minute.) and we went to this ref. and she was like I want to be baptized!! and so she attended church and even brought her son who is 33 and they both have a baptismal date for the 30th!! This man Moreno we first set an appointment to help him with his house and brought 6 elders for service. Then when Elder Lopez and I came back in the afternoon and taught him we presented the book of Mormon and he just loved it! With everything we shared using this book he said, "ya that makes sense, its logical" and just loved the Book of Mormon. and said he would come to church but went to central Lima. Oh well he`ll be baptized in Aug. Maybe for my birthday we`ll have a good baptism ;-).
So that’s really all that’s been up this week not to much different, I`ve now been in my mission for 8 months- I have 1 area- only had 2 companions(in the field)- I`ve been a son, father, and 3rd transfer as district leader! So my mission has not been anything like normal I feel it’s just really weird but hey that’s a little run down on my mission so far!
Love you all!
Elder Corbett
p.s. I woke up the other day calling my companion "Austin" I don`t remember but my companion says I said, "Austin, Austin, Good job Austin! Austin?" "I`m not Austin!!!" " Austin? Oh ya I`m here in my mission" Haha it was funny, I feel like me and my companion know everything about each other and are just crazy. lol in a good way! But we are really powerful teachers now after almost 5 months together! It’s awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment