Thursday, July 28, 2011

Park of Waters without WATER!!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 7-4-11

Well it’s been an interesting week! Its felt like only one or two days have gone by it went so fast. So first to report about is my last P-Day when we went to the park of waters and my LOVELY zone leaders didn`t check up on anything and we went all the way into central Lima and it was CLOSED!! I was ready to just get completely soaked for once and nothing! We got to walk around the park but without the fountains it’s NOTHING! S I was pretty bummed out the rest of the day. so what I learned from that is, when you want to do something you need to plan out and check up on things or your whole zone will be angry with you, and we can`t leave our zone now for another 3 months! :-(

Anyway then there was Tuesday when I had an awesome day with the Zone Leader for a work visit. I don`t get to nervous about these for some reason but I learned a lot and it was real smooth. But that night I decided to not wear my jacket (the jacket of my companion I`ve been using until I get mine) and it was just a little cold but when I came back that night I was just sneezing up a storm, I couldn`t stop. To make a long story short I have an appointment with the doctor because its messing with my lungs again and I`m going to get an inhaler to help it out, I don`t want Asthma again. But everything is good, last week was hard but today I`m feeling a lot better and ready to tackle the world with all my energy!

I also had an awesome training with the president this week and usually it’s just Zone Leaders but for the first time he invited District Leaders, I think I was the youngest District Leader, but it was the best! I learned that so many things get lost (at least in my zone) from the Zone Leaders to District Leaders that we need to know. They tell us what we need to do but don`t explain the big picture so we would just go through the motions ,but now I know better.

We are also teaching a brother, Leocadio, that we meet and we taught him the first lesson when we contacted him and he accepted to be baptized, and he has now attended church 2 times and his baptism is the 16 of July but he is the best he`s an old guy and is so excited to learn. That been a miracle for us but I have learned a lot from him.

Next week is transfers and I am unsure about what is going to happen this time. I have been in this area a while and with the same companion since March 8th. So we are sure one of us is a goner, but what-ever the news is I`m ready for something different I think. But throw in your guess if you want I`m throwing in that I`m out of here and my companion`s going to stay!

Anyway always praying for you guys and thanks for all the support! and WAHOOO Happy Independence Day!!! "I`m proud to be an American, where at least I know I`m free...."!!!

From the proud american in Perù,

Elder Carson Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment