Monday, July 25, 2011

My best talk so far!

Dear Family and Friends, 6-13-11

So this week has been a pretty bad week as far as the numbers are concerned, with not a whole lot of people home for some reason. We need to look for a lot of new people this week so this is our week of finding tons of contacts, and hopefully, as well references.

This Sunday it was our turn to give talks again, ever 2nd Sunday we have to give talks because the topic is always missionary work and so usually we are asked to give a little talk. This week I was asked to be the last speaker and had only the time during the other talks to prepare so I grabbed some of my favorite scriptures. First I shared, Moses 1:39 and next Mosiah 2:17 and then after my favorite Helaman 5:12. I talked about learning Spanish and how I felt it was something impossible before my mission and how through these last 6 months I was able to learn Spanish. I gave it in almost perfect Spanish and it was all just coming out not written down or anything and I when I started I only had in mind of using Moses but then as I started talked I felt like it would be good to share Mosiah and then I kept talking and felt that is was Helaman I wanted to share. It was a really cool experience for me as I was able to do it in perfect Spanish. I shared my testimony on missionary work and how as a member you can help with the work. It was real great!

As well we had two baptisms this week which were just the best both were 22 years old and just wonderful! One boy and one girl, The boy his parents are Israelites which is a really crazy religious group and are hard in their way and like to preach but not listen so its hard with them, I feel like I know so much about so many religious groups now but he doesn`t like the church of his father, I mean he loves his father just not his beliefs. They believe its a commandment to grow out your hair and have a beard and long hair. I don`t know where they got that idea but they all have long hair. But he is awesome! and the other came to the church with her friend and didn`t want anything to do with us for probably 3 weeks she came to church but she didn`t want us to visit her and now she is awesome and baptized. I`ve seen miracles in this ward and just have my hands full with all the recent converts. I have had 15 baptisms here and just loving going to each of their houses and teaching more to them!

But besides that we been walking a lot and teaching where ever we can. I told you about that place in our area that’s a little farther away well I didn`t realize how far away and decided to walk on Friday and after an hour and a half we made it to where we wanted to go. It was a while of walking and we were 30 mins late to our service but I wanted to do it one time, so I’m happy!
Well I send my love and my testimony that Christ lives and has come and will come again...SO PREPARE!!
Love,
Elder Carson Corbett

Mission Peru Lima West 10-12
"Somos Sus Manos"

No comments:

Post a Comment