Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Feliz dìa del Padre!

Dear Family and Friends, 6-20-11

HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!!!! I hope your day was wonderful and I thought about you a lot yesterday. As well here yesterday was Fathers day but everyone here has parties sat. and is just hung over Sunday so there were a lot of drunks yesterday. haha but we did find a really nice family yesterday of 5 that live here and 2 that live in another city, but I was shocked that they for this day they were so nice and invited us in and we taught a wonderful lesson about the gospel of Jesus Christ and baptism and how important it is and none of them had been baptized before and they were great! Next month is our month of MORE THEN EXCELLENCE! Because its will be our one year anniversary of the mission so the President want everyone to work their heart out and our goal is 200 baptisms in the mission for this month. I think we can do it!

We did a lot of looking this week for new people because we really had almost no one. We do have two people with baptismal dates but nobody else. We will be ok now though I think, oh and also we had a wonderful Zone Conference this week with the president and just got me pumped for this month and hope I don`t get to discouraged with bad days like sat. when no one is home or a Monday when I didn`t get any letters AGAIN. (they were sent but not received) But time goes on, I can`t believe I`ve been in this same area for so long and for now 24 weeks, which is AWESOME!

Oh and I GOT YOUR PACKAGE, WAHOOO CHOCOLATES! I`ve been eating and sharing like crazy but I did burn my tongue Saturday on some hot chocolate in the morning haha but that's ok. Its been awesome and I did get the memory cards so that's good and maybe I`ll send the one that's almost full home. But thanks so now I can go camera happy again and take pictures all the time.

I also had a really good training this week for my district, I love being district leader for the work visits the training but sometimes I don`t like the interviews or numbers twice a week your just on the phone so much. But this week I probably had the best training I have had so far and everyone participated and learned a ton, I felt pretty good after that and also did almost all of my contacts our whole mission has been doing bad with contacts and not contacting their daily 10 but this week me and my companion are trying to really get in this habit and do all our contacts and we got 68 but were missing 2. when I counted I wanted to yell out my window at 2 people to see if they would listen to us to get my 2 contacts but that didn`t seem very christ like yelling at people out my window. LOL

Anyway besides that the week was pretty normal and slow for lessons but thats life.

Love always,

Elder Carson Corbett

p.s. I`ve never been so proud to be a missionary of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment