Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I love Ancon!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 9-5-11

First THANK YOU for all the letters and love. I love receiving all your letters even though perhaps I don`t have the time to write you all back personally I want you to know it means so much to me when you write. Sometime you do feel a little alone in your mission, so far I`ve been lucky to have a good area (note: not Areas! lol I still sometime can`t believe that I have almost 10 months and only one area), good companions (all 3 from Guatemala) and I`m near the beach.

We worked hard this week and we saw the fruits. We have been looking for a lot of new people to teach and that will progress and sometimes it’s hard but we have an awesome 6 people that attended this week and I haven`t had that many in a while. It was really cool. We have been working our bums off though. And for all you that wonder, it doesn`t get too cold here, All winter it was probably the same as winter in Arizona, not cold but also remember there is no escape and so in your house the cold gets in. We are now starting summer again and the sun is finally shining every once in a while. That is something that’s different. Here in the winter it is clouded 24/7 and you never see the sun. It gets a little sad after a while but now we are going out again like normal without my jacket or anything and I only get a little cold sometimes when the sun goes down.

Umm this week nothing really out of the ordinary happened, oh when we were walking on the beach a last week we found a little seahorse and it was still alive. W took some pictures and I threw it back in the ocean. We are having a lot more success with lesson with members as well, we had 12 this week and only 6 without so that was a good jump for us! We are also going to new areas that I haven`t gone to before so that’s making me excited this week and we visited a less active in this area and they came to the church yesterday so that was cool! oh yea and I`m washing my clothes now, THANK GOODNESS, no one in our ward wants to wash our clothes and its been hopping around from person to person and this last member just stunk in the way she did it and didn`t really care so I ask my pension if I could use her washer and we would pay her for the water and electricity and we would do it ourselves. I`m so happy now because I`m sick of relying on other people for that. but that’s how it goes in our mission!! Anyway life is good, I had a dream this week that I finished my mission and was back in the ward and everything and it felt so real and then I woke up.... but hey I love this time sometime I feel like I want to come home but I don`t want to give up my nametag, so I`m always just so happy to be on my mission! time is just a weird when you do the same thing every day in the same area for 8 months. You just lose all ability to keep track of time!

And to end HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mariah, Dad, Mom, and Abby!!! Hope this next year without seeing me is sad because you miss me! Nah I really hope you guys have a great year and all your wieldiest dreams come true! Love you all and I want to go bowling right now so so so bad! That’s ok someday again I will. Take Luck and have a great week!!!

Love,

Elder Corbett-El Anconero!

p.s. I hope the president forgives me for my trip to Brazil! (John was saying family prayer on Sunday night and blessed Carson in Brazil. We corrected him and then we all laughed. Everyone one of us had to mention this in our letter to him)

p.p.s. This letter is just all the things that came to my mind so it probably random but that’s ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment