Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Estoy Gastado=I`m Exhausted!

Dear family and friends,                                                      3-12-12
I want to first start off with a question. Why are Sundays the worst day of the week in the Mission? Yesterday was a tiring day. Sundays are always so hard because it’s so disappointing when people don`t come to church and you watch all your baptisms falling. Me and my companion are working so hard here. I want everyone to come unto Christ but its like you talk to them and they love it and you love it and then they just don`t put the importance of it all in their lives. For all of you who are maybe passing for hard times right now I have a couple suggestions. First go say a pray! doesn`t matter how much you might not want to or feel its not necessary, just do it; that is the moment most important that you need to talk to your Father in Heaven. Second don`t worry yourself too much. I think this week I´ve been worrying myself why to much thinking, "I’m a district leader I need to be setting the example and I need to be always having baptismal dates and complete everything......" The Lord is proud of you if you are doing all you can! I felt that this week. I testify that the Lord loves you, don`t get discouraged because you don`t feel your not good enough, You Are. Third, go to work! We don`t always receive answers while we are there on our knees, a lot of times we receive answers when we are working. I felt the answer/peace of God AFTER I worked and did everything I could during the week. Last night we came home after just a hard working week. I did the numbers real quick, all the phone calls and at the end at like 9:50 we just took like 2 seconds to lay in bed and relax, Me and my companion were out in like 3 seconds, in our church clothes still. We were Exhausted and I feel good about that because right now I don`t have any baptismal dates and few people who attended but I know I gave it all I have this week.
Next week is transfers and after working here for a good 6 months I really think I´m out of here...:-(. I love the members of this ward they are so cool and good but as well I think after 16 months in the mission I`m ready for my 3rd area, maybe I`ll only have 3. lol Its crazy the mission. Doing everything the same every single day, I feel that every day feels like an hour and every week feels like a day. and a month a week. But every Month is a years worth of experience if your working!
As well I had a pretty funny story this week but maybe another time I`ll have to tell it. I learned a very valuable lesson and that is, the church is a church of order and we have leaders called with authority for reasons. LOL oh it was pretty funny. Well to everyone young and old I love you! I´m grateful for your prayers I feel the power of them and thank you for them. Know I´m praying for you guys and your success in all your endeavors. Love you!
Love from Peru,
Elder Carson Corbett

p.s. I bought glasses a couple weeks ago, I have no idea why but they look cool on me huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment