Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From hard hearts to soft!


Dear Family,                                                                                                 3-26-12
     This week has been one of so much excitement for me. I feel so wonderful here in my new area, I`m loving it. I came for the last 6 months from a area very hard for Peru and with a lot of hard hearts that didn´t really want to listen so in my last area I learned the discipline to keep going and pushing harder and harder to help the children of God that this week was very easy! The people here in this area are just wonderful and listen really well. My Companion, Elder Zeas, from Nicaragua is so wonderful, we teach very simply and short but super understandable and I feel very strong the spirit as we teach. He has 13 months in the mission and so I have a little bit more time but not much. We get along super well and it was the weirdest thing, when I entered our apartment I saw there a violin and Guitar. The guitar is not his its a members and the violin he bought in the mission but he didn`t know how to tune it or anything, so with my cello skills I´m now playing the violin and teaching him more. He knows guitar very well so he´s teaching me that. Its going great we learned a song in like 5 mins, "come thou fount" and we actually had a baptism this week on Friday and played it, me on the Violin and him on the guitar. but we can change to so with the little tiny time we have at night or super early we practice a little and I don`t know if missionaries just have a gift on the mission and can learn things super fast or just me because I picked up the guitar and just started playing. It’s been fun!
       As well with being a Zone Leader it actually feels somewhat easier then District Leader first because I´m used to the leadership and doing all that with numbers and guiding and helping but now there are 2 of us that can talk and discuss what we want to do. I´m not beating myself up on what I should do, but we talk about what WE can do. Its super nice and still learning a lot. Our Zone is doing a ton better right now then how we ended the last transfer. Ever area has at least 1 baptismal date and we have 3 new missionaries from the CCM(MTC). They are doing well but we can do better. 
      I´m super excited for General Conference its better then Christmas in the mission. Its a gift and I remember the last two times I listened during the first talk I just start crying. I don`t know why and I´m super excited, been trying to follow what they said the last time and ready for more. I downloaded last time some of the talks that I love and listen to them every once in a while to motivate me and I still cry listening to Elder Holland’s talk about missionaries, that is just so powerful, I loved the talks in the Priesthood session the last conference they still speak to me and make me feel the spirit. I´ll listen with a little more faith, hope, and charity this time ;-). 
     Ok now for the trunky part. Well not trunky but I realized yesterday my English sucks, I can write and read and do everything normal but when it comes to taking on a normal conversation its hard to not say things in Spanish. The Elder that was in this area before finished his mission last week and his family came out to pick him up(parents and 2 brothers) they went to Machu Pichu and then yesterday came to the ward for the meeting and tell everyone bye. His parents don´t speak a word of Spanish and so they were confused the whole time but for lunch we were there eating together at our pensions house and I was just talking to them and everything and it was hard sometimes but really cool. It was super weird seeing white people again. I´m not used to it anymore either. When I saw his brothers they looked super familiar and I kept asking them question to see if I knew them and pretty much we just decided they looked so familiar because they were white and I´m just not used to that anymore. It made me a little worried about when I come back. lol but I still have a while; I´ve also been thinking I´m going to finish my mission here. It’s super possible on how my mission has been.
     Well I´ll let you all go and hope you have a wonderful week and love and pay close attention to what the lord is telling us to do. 

Love you all,
     Elder Carson Corbett

p.s. no haven´t received my package yet but the offices promised me this week to get it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment