Monday, February 14, 2011

Good attitude, good progress in the work, Bad health

Dear family and friends, 2-14-11

Everything with missionary work is improving. My Spanish is getting better my attitude about everything is getting better and we got 7 investigators to church and are really trying to get a baptismal date with one family that is really amazing. There name is fam. Ortega and we tried to commit them to baptism Sat and the father is already baptized. We hit them hard this visit with knowing the first vision is true because if it’s true then his baptism is invalid and he really thinking hard about it. They are a great family.

Ummm I got to play Volleyball Wed at the stake center while my companion had 3 interviews and that was fun. My health is not doing so hot these past couple days. I don`t know if it’s the food or what but Friday it was really bad and I felt so much better yesterday but today I woke up and my stomach feels so messed up right now. I’m trying my best.

I`m getting along a lot better with my companion, it’s not like we weren`t getting along before but I’m really enjoying the time with him now and it just makes the time go by so much faster. Two years is such a long time I feel like but it’s crazy to think I`ve been out for almost 3 months now. This is my analogy, at first when you start your mission it is like your riding a bus, its comfortable you can talk to a lot of people and you just cruse and learn like crazy but when the time comes to jump off the bus and the bus doesn`t stop to let you off and you jump and fall flat on your face. I don`t know if that’s how it is for people that go to a place they know the language but for those learning a new language that’s how I think it feels and you fall hard. It’s not easy to get up and keep going, you want to just give up but as you get up and start walking you start getting courage and strength and realize you can start running and slowly you get faster and faster. I’m still in the walking stage and I sometimes feel like I`ll never be able to leave this place. But I always have to go back to remember why I`m on a mission and what I`m doing and I feel a lot better. I`m trying my best, I read the book of Mormon in its entirety in the MTC and now I`m reading in the Doctrine and Convantents and its just crazy how many sections in the beginning are mission calls and how many people right after the church was organized were sent on missions. The lord needs missionaries.

I had a day this week where I was senior companion because my comp. is district leader and so he goes on splits with other missionaries and I was so nervous but the day actually went very well and my Spanish on my own is a lot better then I thought. Learning another language is so different then I thought, it’s like everyday it just becomes a little less foreign. I don`t know how to explain it but it’s weird and cool. You just like know what people are talking about but have no idea what words they just used but you know exactly what they are talking about. it’s weird but cool too.

Oh and right now I am in central Lima and we are going to the Zoo today! yay maybe I will finally see those llamas that Peru is famous for. I`ll let you know how it goes. Last week when we went to the playa I actually got to play Frisbee but not Ulitimate. A different zone showed up and this one elder could actually play and throw so we throw it around for a while and that was a lot of fun. Well until next week thanks everyone for everything and I pray for you all as well, take care and love you all,

Elder Corbett

1 comment:

  1. Keep up yhe good work, Elder. you will be reluctant to come home when you time is up.
    I love hearing about your experiences. I hope you got my email I wrote in spanish.
    Unca Doug

    ReplyDelete