Friday, February 25, 2011

Things are starting to look brighter.


On the tour he went on when he saw the ocean


His area that he is in right now


The Lima Temple


At a baptisim - he looks tall

Dear Family and friends, 2/21/11

After a long struggling tough week I think today my body will start feeling better. I can do mission work and I love it to death but I can`t do it sick. I have had the hardest time this week with my sickness but I figured out why I was sick! First listen to all the rules your pres. gives you, I was bad and didn`t listen. I ate some food off the street called salcipapa`s (no se exactemente) pero they are french fries and hot dogs with ketchup and this awesome sauce here called ahi and they are so good. And I tried them for the first time 1 1/2 weeks ago and then it was a couple days later I got sick. So I didn`t think it was those and then I started feeling better around wed. but then thurs. we had an interview in another ward. After, the American Elder loves salcipapas and so he bought us some , and then again a couple days later felt sick and then me and my companion ate them again sat. night because I was feeling better. Yesterday was the worst day of my mission! oh I felt so sick!!! We had stake conference and I just wanted to die. It was such a good meeting and pres. Dorius gave a talk and it was so funny and good. Then I also helped out the choir and played piano for them that went well! After I asked for a blessing and learned another Elder was super sick as well and so we switched companions for the day and me and the other elder slept all day, because I wouldn`t have been able to do 8 citas yesterday. I am feeling a lot better now but through the struggle of it all it has just been a hard week. This week is looking up though.

We have 3 baptisms this sat and have been working hard on all 3. One older woman E. Iquic taught a while ago and taught her everything and didn`t really care. Then just like a month ago after a while of not visiting her, we visited her and she was just super excited about it and has been asisting church and is very excited now. Sometimes people just need time for the Lord to work on them, just don`t forget about them. And we have a 9 year old girl whose father is an inactive member, and then a mom from a part member family whose all her kids are members. So we hope they all go through this week.

It’s crazy I’ve been out for 3 months now and I want to say it went by so fast but I really have just no sense of time. I feel like I’ve been on my mission forever and also feels like I just started, but it’s nice to know I`m making progress and truly learning. It’s crazy how much you teach on your mission lol, my companion has now been out for 11 months and he teaches in his sleep, I woke up twice now to him teaching some of our investigadors and he says there name and everything, it’s so funny! Oh and we lost power for a couple hours one night, I heard like a gunshot sound and I looked out the window and saw a big flash of light and heard a explosion and then all the power went out in our little town. a hermano went and got us candles and it was really cool. That was Tuesday night I think, and then Friday night I woke to a small earthquake, I`ve never felt an earthquake before and it was a little crazy. Like my bed just started shaking and I guess that is pretty common here and people said there were a couple in the CCM but I never felt them.

Besides that this week has been pretty normal I`ll stop eating off the street and I received a package from Emily and a letter from Brandon Howard but I have no idea how it got here with just one forever stamp, that’s fine with me as long as I have it. I`m trying to work hard and bring this light into the lives of the people here in perĂ¹!

Amor Siempre,

Elder Corbett

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why every once in a while missionaries slip in a spanish word. I remember I use to do it and I still do it when I speak. There are words that just sound better in spanish and then there's the times that the english word just is not there, but the spanish is. Then there are the times I just want to remind everyone I can speak spanish. silly little insecure boy!!!
    I love reading his blog. I've written him twice in spanish. He responed the first time.

    ReplyDelete