Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I´m going to fast more!

2-13-12

Dear family and friends,

I think everyone gave talks yesterday, so did I!! lol but I didn´t have as much time as you all did to prepare! I was preparing only since Friday night when I learned we had talks Sunday. But I was given the talk of 15 mins and was super excited because I hadn´t given a talk in this ward yet, so it had been a while. But my companion as first wanted the 15 min talk and I said if you can name more members names then me you can have it, he didn’t say anything after that! So I gave my talk on of course missionary work, but I talked about how important we are to God. How small we are out of ALL of his creations but how special we are for him and that is the work he does. It’s for all of us, and just for our salvation and so maybe that puts our problems of work and family in order. That we aren´t here for the temporal we are here for the spiritual. Then I talked about what Pres. Eyring said of how we promised to be witnesses of Christ and how we need to be those people that testify of Christ but with deed. I said there are 3 things that a witness of Christ needs: 1. testimony of God and Jesus Christ 2. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ in every aspect of their lives 3. Defender of Truth and good. I hope it really got to their heart the message that I wanted to share with them. I can´t believe how the spirit guided my thoughts because I only had a little time to prepare.

We are working hard with the Ward! We did a fast this week for the ward and we are really seeing fruits,, this has greatly increased my trust in the lord and love to share the gospel in this area. I don´t want to leave like other times I had felt. It’s like we had some members that brought there neighbors and are super interested to know more and then we had another young boy who finally got permission from his dad to get baptized. He will get baptized this month. Its miraculous right in front of my eyes and I know these are blessings of my prayers, fasts, and as well hard work! I love this mission time. I may have only a couple areas but I know this is where I´m needed. Heavenly Father knows me and that when it talks of the people that are prepared to hear my voice it is talking of these people. I love the mission! ;-)

Love from your Son, grandson, nephew, brother, and friend,

Elder Corbett!

I love this kid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment