Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh that I were an Angel! Alma 29: 1-2

Dear Family and friends,                                                                                                           2-20-12


     Well another week here in Alborada, we had the same problem like always right before his baptism Yoshi froze up a little but he`s still real excited and he said in two weeks when he finishes his studies he`ll get baptized. We have another boy that’s 10 years old and  part of his family are members that’s going to get baptized this week. The work is progressing, more than anything we are looking for the people and families that are ready to progress in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This week we have found 13 new investigators and a ton of them are super excited to listen to us. We had 8 investigators come to church and they absolute loved it and love how friendly and loving the members are. So remember everyone, you need to be super friendly and care about the people that come to church and that they can feel the spirit and at peace. We have a family that we finally could visit yesterday, we actually dedicated their house and explained a little about our message. They are a reference from their neighbors and 3 of the 4 family members have attended 2 weeks in a row! Its wonderful! We just need to get the father to come, but they really are grateful for the things they have felt.   I feel they are ready to progress and it will be an eternal family! So we are working really hard with the members as well and walking in this heat everywhere, I sweat all day long but that’s the work here in Perù and no one cares or even notices.
      On other notes, No mom transfers were 2 weeks ago. It’s ok if you can`t keep track ,I`ll tell you when I leave. lol But I think when I do leave I think I’ll die in my next area.(Die meaning finish my mission there) after this transfer I only have 6 transfers left AHHH! WOW its going by way to fast I`m too young and inexperienced to have 15 month in the mission. Well I don`t feel to inexperienced anymore,  I feel actually pretty experienced.   feel because of the leadership I`ve been able to have and being Senior companion pretty fast I feel a lot more confident in myself that I can do this without fear and with the spirit!  
That’s the key, always having the spirit! I actually had an experience this week with that where we were on a street of a family that I visited 2 months ago that we talked to once and never could find them again came into my mind.  I told my companion there is a family here that I feel we need to visit. We went and didn`t talk to the mom who I talked to before, but her daughters who are 17 and 11 years old and they listened and both came to church yesterday and loved it and I feel already after knowing them for 3 days they are my friends and I can`t wait to see them accept the message we have for them!
   Here are some pictures of when I went to Canta (the ones with the waterfalls) and then the others are when I did a work visit with the zone leaders and it was a pretty sweet sunset and we had to take advantage of the opportunity!
      I love you all and hope you all know I`m giving it my all here, I only have 9 months left and every time I think about how little time that is I think about all the ways I`ve grown in my mission and how much I love being here and don`t want to leave these people, they mean everything to me! Love your neighbors as thyself because without charity we are nothing!

love ya all,
    Elder Carson Corbett

1 comment:

  1. Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete