Monday, February 27, 2012

I´m a little tired!

Dear family, 2-27-12
Well this week no one wrote me again. We had a baptism and everything but yesterday after it all I was so exhausted and just wanted to know how you all were doing. I think I´m really losing myself in the work because I pulled out my photo album yesterday and felt like I forgot what it was like to even have a family and feel the joy when I was with you all. I missed you guys a lot and hope you all know how important you are to me. I feel I´ve been on my mission so long I talk about love and express and feel the love God has for these people but I miss that family love when we are together. Like I said we did have a baptism this week of a 10 year old, whose name is L. R. He’s an awesome boy and I love him. He will grow up and be a future missionary. I also had a training meeting with the leaders of the mission and we all got a couple training on how to teach better and how we can then teach these things to our zones or districts. I love being a district leader but I´m so sick of disobedience. Let me tell you future missionaries, don´t go on your mission if you really don´t care, because you´ll never feel weight and power of being a missionary. I am having some problems in my district again about obedience and sometime it makes you have to stay up later than usual worrying or waking up early to go visit the houses of these missionaries. Its true what my zone leader told me when I first became DL, "District leaders are like the mom´s of the mission". I´m become very strict now and I don´t like it but sometimes people just don´t respond.
We have another baptism this weekend and someone who is 18 years old. I´m pretty excited. To be honest this ward is going to be a hard one to part from because I feel like I´ve gotten to know the members so well and I´m really going to miss them. I think this next transfer I´m out of here so I have 3 more weeks to do what I can and then leave it in the hands of my companion. It’s interesting after so much time in the same area that’s so small you keep finding people to teach and want to accept the gospel; really everyone has a different time to prepare to hear the gospel. The sad part for me is why don´t they accept it sometimes. It’s sad. I´ve learned a ton this week on how to really use the spirit to teach and how I must teach the doctrine so that the people can receive all the blessing of the gospel not just to try and get them to come to church or try to get them to do things that we want them to do. Its so that they can receive all the blessing of the gospel.
Well love you all and hope this was a wonderful week for you and that I´ll actually hear from you next week.
love,
Elder corbett

Just for the record I did write to him but late. He will get double the next week. Please forgive us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment