Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mistake vs. Sin


Dear Family,                                                                                     4-16-12
     Well this week went well investigators are progressing and some will be baptized this weekend and are very good. The Davan family didn`t come to church this week because they left to visit other family that was far away but we are going to have some good lessons with them in this coming week. We have a lot of their confidence which is really good. The two baptisms that we had this weekend froze up a little for a couple things that happened in their home and a couple things that they saw on the internet about the church that they didn`t like, but we went to their house yesterday and we really didn`t know what we were going to teach but we followed the spirit and I know she felt the spirit and my companion did a really good inspired question where the mom started to cry giving the answer, the spirit was so strong, they are now preparing to be baptized the 28 of April. We will see how it goes. We have 2 youth being baptized this following Saturday which is going to be very special, one was a reference that we contacted the first day I was here in the area and she is just wonderful. I asked her how do you know these things are true? She said because I prayed and felt what you guys told me I´d feel. That was so powerful for me. I´m excited for her baptism and I hope her whole family comes(Davan Family).
      Now I just want to share a thought about something I learned this week. Saturday night my companion was playing his violin and it was out of tune and so I told him like I did in the past that I would tune it. It was all easy except for the last string, that G just didn`t want to be tuned or I just couldn`t find it. so I kept trying until SNAP...I broke the string. I had never broken a string before I didn`t want to do this to his beautiful violin and i just sat there not knowing what to do. He was sitting there next to me so I said sorry but really didn`t know how to express my sorrow for breaking his string. (and I don`t know where I´m going to find another string in Peru) But I realized something that the spirit taught me. Even though I might have made a mistake by breaking the string, I still did not sin. That mistake doesn´t make me farther from my father in heaven. I´m looking for a way to find a string for the violin to fix what I did but being human is part of this world. But you must recognize it as that and not let it lead to sin such as lying or anger. Now that doesn`t mean that sinful mistake you can just shrug off, repentance is required where needed. But don`t let imperfectness be mixed up with unrighteousness. We make mistakes every day, maybe you missed the bus to go to class/work on time, maybe you didn`t get a 100% on that math test, or maybe you even broke your brothers key in his car while on a date. The grace of God will make up for that, and if someone makes that mistake to you, forgive them and help them understand that everything is ok. I testify that we are not perfect but we are truly Divine children of God, he created us and he loves us. And if you can´t see it just close your eyes and feel it. Its true and I do so testify in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
      Love you all,
            Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment