Thursday, May 17, 2012

I love my family!


Dear Family,                                                                                     5-14-12
     Wow I can´t explain how nervous I was to talk to you all yesterday, I probably had to go to the bathroom like 10 times during the day I was so nervous. (no joke) But as soon as I started talking to you guys it was like yesterday we saw each other. Its way better to use Skype and see each other that try to talk through 3 telephones. I loved it, it was a blast and privilege to me. Well time is going by so fast. I can´t even explain. 
     Well we had a baptism and confirmation this week, his name is Quinto Upiachihua Tananta (try saying that 10 times fast). He chose me to baptize him and it was a wonderful opportunity for me and the moment he left the water he just had a huge small on his face. Before his baptism he was a little timid and didn´t say a lot but he has grown a lot since the first time we met him. After the baptism he got up in front and told everyone how he was feeling and he was so happy, he´s 18. He is going to be a real strong leader. We don´t have anyone now with a baptismal date and so we got to get the batteries running hard and make up for a lot that the zone lost during Mothers day.
      As well this past week we went to a couple leadership training meetings that were 2 days long. The president is so full of the spirit right now. We are going to be super busy, if a zone leader isn´t busy he isn´t doing his job. I´m sometime just over whelmed but this is all a great experience for the future. 
       Wahoo, we get to go to the temple Thursday so that’s going to be very special and I´ll be there praying for you, mom, I just want to say I love you so very much and you are the best mom in the whole world. I hope I can have a wife one day that’s as good as you have been for dad and us. That’s what I´m looking for someone who will take care of the kids like you took care of us. I started crying during priesthood yesterday because we talked about prayer and just remember saying family prayer every night and how that brought revelation to the family, and then as well when you would come into our room every night and say a personal prayer with us. I know I´m the person I am today for the things you did when I was growing up. I will NEVER doubt that you love me and that I can feel happy and protected at home! Happy Mother’s Day!!
       Have a great week all of you and I loved seeing you and it will be just a short time till I see you all again. The Gospel is true and blesses the family!
   With lots of love,

       Elder Corbett

Our handsome Elder Corbett on Mother's Day


This is a screen shot Mariah took of our Elder Corbett.  It was a little stressful at first because we all didn't have the same program to talk to each other and we got the time wrong.  Peru is smart like AZ and don't do daylight savings so we were thinking he was on the EST and he was an hour later than us all.  It turned out to be really fun because we all visited on Google + or Skype for that hour we were waiting and until Carson got on.  Then Logan, Abby and Heidi were the only ones that could see him but we could hear them all.  Then they got off and we got to see him for the last 15 or so minutes.  Heidi is in AZ for the summer and she was at my niece Darenna's house and my sister Deanna (her mom) was there too so it was a bonus to see them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment