Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Peace of the House of God


Dear Family,                                                                                                                 5-21-12
      How is mom doing? I haven't heard anything yet? Well I hope everything is well and mom you are recuperating quickly from the surgery. I had a lot of great experiences this week. We have actually had a lot of good references this week. The members have called us and told us that they talked to someone and had their information. And they are wonderful people. I had one of the most powerful experiences Saturday with feeling the spirit in my entire mission. 
       First I want to talk about going to the temple, that was such a great experiences. I know I felt the spirit and received personal revelation. I know my Heavenly Father heard my prayers. I learned so many new things this time that I didn’t know before and those things are now helping me in my mission. As well I learned a little bit of some of the things I need to do after the mission. Specific names that came into my mind that I need to help reactivate into the Gospel. While I was in the celestial room right before leaving I saw a triple combination there on a table. So I went over and looked up a scripture, Jacob 5: 71 (a scripture that a good friend wrote me in a letter) But this time when I read it, it had a different meaning. This was the last time I had to go to the Temple before the close of my mission and so now these last 6 months are the last time I will EVER have this same opportunity to serve in a mission like I am doing now. The mission is unique and very fast, I need to now go serve in the vineyard with all my might for the last time. I will serve my whole life in the church, but I may never serve 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 2 years, and especially never again with the strength God has given me as a young adult. I know I have been prepared for this time and these days to serve in Peru. I know these areas (though few) are the ones god has called me to. 
       Ok now this week we received a reference from a ward member that lives in the market in the middle of our area and super close to the church. He called us and we passed by to pick up the reference. We went Saturday to her house to talk to her. She didn’t have anyone there in the  house to be with us so we took her over to the house of a member really close. She told us about her religious background and some of the things we wanted to know. We also talked to her about what she could receive from this message and gave the message of the restoration but only the part with Joseph Smith and his vision. It was what she needed to know, at the end she said that when she went to the market she was going through alot of trials and hardships but to know that someone cared so much about her was something very special to her, that someone listened and helped her in her life. She said when she went and talked to this member (and she went to the market only to do her daily shopping) is was one of the best morning of her life. At the end of the lesson she started crying of happiness. The spirit was testifying to her of the truth and I could feel so strongly the love Heavenly Father has for her. she said she was praying to Jesus Christ to show her the way. I know God loves his Children, and God answered her prayers through a member of His church. I gave a talk last Sunday on being a witness of God everywhere so we can invite the spirit into the lives of those around us. I know that if we all are witness of God and simply look for times to testify of God, there are so many. I love you all  and pray for you and thank God for your support. I know the missionaries have millions of members everyday praying for them and what a privilege it is to be one of His representatives today!!!
   Love ya all,
       Elder Corbett

p.s. I received the other package as well now, thanks so much I love you all!!! Team Corbett "We can do hard things" 2012

p.p.s. the photo: when we received money last month from the bank, everyone received like 2 times more than they needed. and so we are zone leaders returned this money to the offices. but I had on my desk like 3000 nuevo soles. it was crazy!!! So i took pictures. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment