Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week of temples!!!


Dear family and friends,                                                                                    8-20-12
       Well this week is going well; we now have 2 baptisms for this week. It was actually a very special experience of how this sister felt the need to go to church. Her son has been going now for an over a month but she never seems to want to go. We went by one day and taught directly to her not warring about her son and she felt something special. But the week went on and we passed by Friday (1 1/2 weeks ago) and she was very sick. I told my companion that we should give her a blessing and he said, nah she will be fine tomorrow, let’s see how she feels tomorrow. But she let us come in for a sec. to say a prayer but for some reason I felt like I wasn`t called just to say prayers with people, but I have been given the power to heal the sick. And the impression came again and so I pulled out my bible and read with her Luke 9:1-2 and explained how we have been given this power and authority to heal the sick and preach the gospel. She accepted a blessing and it was something very special for me. We passed by the next day and she was almost all better, it was a testimony to me of how strong the priesthood is, she also said, I’ll be at church tomorrow. She went and now with yesterday she has gone twice and they are going to be baptized this Saturday. That is how you teach the gospel not just lessons. We are also working with a Brother and Sister who want to be baptized we just need to help their parents a little to learn more and support them and be there for their baptism. One is 18 and the other is 15, Wilder and Wendy! So the work continues to progress here in San Diego, let’s just see what happens in 2 weeks with transfers, I hope I don`t get taken out but we will see! 
      Oh and the last thing, this last week a family here in the ward. This family that I love so much here, fam. Salcedo, got sealed in the temple! We couldn`t go but we were there after and we made them a big poster and it was really nice. I`m so happy for them. BUT in even better news....I don`t know if you all remember the Ortega Family from my first area, Miramar!?! Well they are going to be sealed in the temple this weekend and I`m going to be able to go with them. When I heard I wanted to cry, shout, and just hug everyone! I am so happy!!! I can`t wait to see them again...I haven`t seen them since I left that area, but that just shows me that when we make sacrifices like going on a mission we bless a lot people, and now one that I could bless is going to an eternal family!! That is something worth serving!! 
     Well love you all and hope you are all doing great and having fun at the beach! (I think that’s where you are!) Keep praying for the Ortega Family, there are always lots of challenges right before, for a family who wants to enter the temple!

Love you all and take care this week,
    Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment