Thursday, November 29, 2012

The best day of my mission...coming up!

Dear Family and friends,                                                                                    8-27-12

      Well this week has gone just great, we worked hard and now it’s coming down to the end of the transfers...just one week left. We had 2 baptisms this last week, Rosa and her son Roberto. They were so happy to get baptized. I visited a lot of my converts here so that they stay active and keep coming to church. The church yesterday was full, and we even started having mission correlation meetings...that's a big leap for a ward here in Peru that hard to have a good running ward council. Well I´m very excited for this week because first! I got my package!!! That's why I´m writing so late, we now have to go pick up our own packages as missionaries...it was a horrible time trying to get it out because their postage here isn´t very good. I was maybe like the 9th in line to start in the morning and it took like 2 hours to get my package taken out! It was ridiculous. But, I´m so grateful you all sent it!! I love you all so very much!! Your guy’s rock!!!! I´m going to have a party! When I saw all the candy and the cool tie and everything else I just was so happy! And especially those orange sticks...oooohhhhhh. Those are going to be good. 
       Well this next week is going to be good, I think it will be my last week here in the zone and then I´ll probably finish my mission somewhere else. But The Ortega Family is going to the temple Friday I think, which is the same day when Elder Christofferson is going to come and speak to us as a mission. I hope the session is very early in the morning because I want to have enough time to go to the conference with him, which starts at 2!! The temple is about 1 1/2 from here and where we are going to see Elder Christofferson is like 2 mins in bus! Its super close because 3 missions are going to come! I hope everything goes smoothly and that would be the best day of my mission. Seeing a family gets sealed in the temple and then going to see an apostle of God! Wow well I hope everything works out! Well I got to go back to work, love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!
        Love,
            Elder Corbett
ps. the picture is when I went bowling by the ocean!

P7160336.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment