Sunday, February 16, 2014

The best week of my mission!

Dear Family,                                                     9/3/12
        This week was the best week every, all sacrifice is worth it for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So we didn`t really have the BEST numbers this week but we do have 5 people who want to be baptized this month and are all very excited for that day to come! I do unfortunately have a transfer. But that’s ok because I’m going outside the city! It will be cool, I`m going to Huacho which is in Norte Chico it’s about 3 hours from the offices. Meaning I`m not going to come to the city or offices except maybe once a month.  There is also a really cool Elder coming to replace me, I`m excited for him. He`ll do a good job. My new companion is from Colombia, Elder Diaz, and I`m still going to be Zone Leader 1. So the responsibilities isn`t going to change at all and that’s how I`m going to end me mission:. It’s alright.
         Ok now about this week. So we went to the Temple early Friday with the whole ward there. We waited in a spot and as they were heading to the temple they picked us up! When I got on the bus I felt famous! It was just me and Elder Lopez (My companion when we were there) and we jumped on and saw like 9 of my converts all going to the temple, some for baptisms for the dead but 5 of which going to get their endowments. It was an amazing experience. Everyone called us the Alma and Amulek of The Miramir Ward, it was amazing. The only problem was that they arrived late to the temple. :-/ and so couldn`t enter. We went to the conference and saw Elder Christofferson and then thinking we were going to go back and see just the sealing. But couldn`t get in that day so they had to go back sat. afternoon. We ask president and he gave us permission and was there for everything. It’s such a crazy experience to see your converts in the temple. And then to be there for their sealing...WOW! I was full of the spirit! We weren`t able to stay (for time) for all the sealing of 3 families in that ward but we stayed for the first, Familia Ortega! I couldn`t believe seeing them kneeing around the alter, all four of them and being sealed for time and eternity! I still can`t believe it, with finding, teaching, baptizing, and now being endowed with all their ordinances! I saw that day in the temple 7 of my converts, including the two daughters of The Ortega Family! Thanks for your prayers and love. Everything is worth it! I know this is where God wants me to be and I know I want to be worth to receive those blessings that they were able to receive in the temple! 
        With Elder Christofferson, that was an amazing experience too. I was really far back and we didn`t get to shake his hand but he talked to us as if I we were his best friends telling the things. It was awesome of what he shared about how we need to teach repentance to the people. and how it should be a thing of Joy that the people can repent. I loved it; it was also very powerful when he said that our entire message to the people is the Testimony of Jesus Christ! That he suffered, died, and rose again. There were so many things he said that really caught my attention but right now I don`t have my notes with me! :-/ I`m sorry! I did feel the spirit very strongly though. And on top of all the things we had this week there is an entire family who came to church this week! Two have baptismal dates but the other 2 we are working on still. But the daughter (22) yesterday said, "I just can`t wait for the 15th, I want it to be NOW!". They are very happy and the whole family is reading the book of mormon. The dad is now in Mosiah and the daughters are in 2 Nephi. That’s amazing for just a couple weeks. ;-) But they feel the spirit that way!! 

       Well I can`t say much more, just that I`ll be working my hardest to finish on that same up beat that I have been having my entire mission! 

Love you all,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment