Monday, February 24, 2014

Tick Tock, Tick Tock!!

Dear Family,                                                                 11-5-12
      It’s crazy this end of the mission thing! I´m really enjoying it so much, the family that we live with is so fun that they are getting sad knowing that I´m leaving soon, I am too! But it isn´t taking away from the work I want to do before I take off! This week we had a baptism and it was so awesome this sister was so ready and so happy! Her name is Rosemary, she´s 40. It was so perfect the baptismal service as well, we also have a baptism for this sat. which was the older sister (who is 75) that we found last week who is going to be baptized sat. and as well we have a baptism for the next sat.! I´m excited,  We as well on a work visit while I was with Elder Paulson (my companion in the MTC) in my area, we contacted a man knocking his door and I didn´t think too much of it but when we returned the next day he was waiting for us. He said (because we arrived 30 mins late) "I didn´t think you guys were going to come and so I went and got on this web site that it says here and started chatting with some people of the church!" Wow, that caught me by surprise and then when we got to teaching about Joseph Smith I asked him have you ever heard of him, and he said "yea, I read what it said the pamphlet about how he prayed and saw God and Jesus Christ." This is a golden investigator. We gave him and his son and book of mormon and started visiting them every day or every other day. The mom of the family is very excited to listen as well but she works a lot, and the best part is that they got married 2 years before having their son. That is truly amazing for Perú!! They were going to come to church yesterday but they said in the morning when I called that they couldn´t and they would explain at night. When we got there at night they said they didn´t feel ready or prepared to go to the chapel and they would feel a little weird there, sometimes people use that as like an excuse but he was so sincere, like he knew how important it was for his life but he was scared to take that step because he knew how big it be. So tomorrow we are going to go with him and his family (Him, his wife, and son) to the chapel to have a tour and they can feel comfortable when they go Sunday. I have the faith that they can still be baptized before I go home! They are so prepared and have started to read the book of mormon, The dad is in Chapter 5 and the son in Chapter 4. 
        Well that’s a little bit of what’s been going on this week, just keep working and pushing till the end! Its going to be a good reward just feeling so relaxed and at peace flying home knowing I gave it my all! Well love you all and thanks for your support and prayers,
       Elder Corbett

p.s. We can do hard things!

p.p.s I can´t wait for you guys to come out here and see Perú!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment