Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lots of stress!!

Dear Family,                                                     10-1-2012
     Well this week and the last week have been so stressful. It’s been kind of hard these last weeks with the work in our area, as well in the zone, and as well with personal debilities and feeling that I can´t do it. I like things to be well with the missionaries in the zone but I have been having a lot of stressing trying to make the best decision and knowing what to do. I hope I’m being a good leader and we are being a good example. But God does work in mysterious ways and I have seen that these last 2 weeks. We only ended this month with 1 baptism but we worked very hard so that she could have a good conversion and feel the need to be baptized. She said after her baptism that she was so very happy to me a member of the "Mormon" Church. It’s actually weird here in my new area, I love it and the people and everything but it just very different from how it was in Lima. I don´t know if it’s me, the areas, or the missionaries; but it feels so very different here. I´m still trying to figure it out but these last weeks have been rough on me but very fun. I kind of wish I didn´t end as a zone leader it’s a lot of stress and especially when I came from a zone when I felt I had everything under control I understood the missionaries I knew how to talk to all of them but here it’s very different. But I will do everything I can so I can end my mission well and help the zone and just end working my heart out! Even if I come home with a big headache, it will be a lot of relief when I see you all again to know I did everything I could.  
        So sorry I didn´t write last week I just got caught up in a lot of things I needed to do and never got back around to it. That's as well how I feel today, with some things we need to do and as well I want to just sleep a little and relax. This week we are going back into Lima for Zone Leader counsel. That will be cool, ya know why? this month we had the best month that our mission has ever had, 214 baptisms. The last record was 176 baptisms but this month we did better and we were all excited!!! our goal for the year is 2012 baptisms in 2012 which meant like 200 baptisms per month was the goal but we never got that high. And because we were slowly falling back we almost thought that we weren´t going to make it. But we are starting to do it! Maybe we can still pull it off, the only problem the mission is having right now is that a lot of missionaries are going home but not a lot are coming into our mission. We have so many going home because when the mission started every group was huge that came in! But we have the best mission president of any mission so I can´t complain!! Well anyway that’s what has been going on here and I hope everything goes well for you guys this week and everyone has fun in the things they are doing; working, studying, teaching, partying, or even parenting! Make it fun!! 

Love you all,

      Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment