Saturday, February 22, 2014

The president is awesome!

Dear Family,                                                     10-22-12
      Well this week was crazy. I spent one day in Lima for the transfers to pick up all the missionaries from the zone and come back. It was interesting. We actually had a funny experience there. Elder Diaz and I went to bed very late packing stuff and getting things ready, probably at like 3 in the morning. We had to wake up at 6 to get ready and be on the bus at 7 to go to Lima and make it in time for the transfer meeting. Well he had pretty much everything ready and we went to bed. We woke up to voice of the pension (who live above us and there’s a window we can talk to each other from) saying "Elders, Elders, have you left yet?". I looked at my watch 7:20!! OH my....we had to get everything ready so fast. We took off running! We made it to Lima and the meeting as they were starting the first hymn. haha it was kind of funny but we were so exhausted that we didn´t hear the alarm. I never wake up late but what a day to not hear the alarm. So that was something funny this week.
       We also had interviews this week with president, and I thought, oh everything will be normal just interviews and he´s leave and everything will be cool. We when we called the night before, he said "I want to study with you guys for an hour and a half and then we will do the interviews of the whole zone and then I will work with someone in the zone for the afternoon." I was kind of nervous. So we did the practice with him, we had to teach him lesson 2 (plan of salvation) in 45 mins, it actually went really well, and me and my companion were very new in teaching with each other. But because we studied with him I was almost sure he wasn´t going to work with us but at the end of the studying he said. I feel I need to work with you two for the day. I think my heart went into shock. But we got to eat lunch with him at the hotel where he was staying and that was the best Steak I have eaten here in Peru. It was a fun day! He really didn´t work with us all the day. just a couple hours and then we had an baptism interview in our area and when the DL came to do the interview he went with them so it was cool for them too. It was a good week, we have a lot of people progressing and so this last week’s can go very well. My goal is to have 1 baptism every week till I go home! We will see how that goes but I feel with the people we have right now it’s very possible.
        Anyway besides that we are contacting a lot and meeting lots of new people, I gave a talk in sacrament meeting and it went really well. I talked about how we aren´t ever alone and we need to help those around us as well know that they aren´t alone. I love you guys and as the time gets closer I´m getting excited to see you all but i´m going to end first what I came to do. I know this is the work of God and it’s a lot bigger than any one of us, its not at all our work but His very work. 
                Love,

                            Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment