Thursday, February 20, 2014

We have a lot of work ahead of us!

Dear family,                                          10-8-12
     This week has been a week of a lot of distractions. We had Zone Leader council and that took about 2 days of the week and then as well we had general conference that took another 1 1/2. Well that's how the cookie crumbles. But we did have a lot of good progress this week. We have a couple new investigators who are men and can progress. A lot of men don´t want to hear about the gospel and its sad because the church needs more priesthood but when we find willing and good men its always something great! We have a couple young men and women who want to be baptized and so we are helping them and trying to talk with their parents and get the whole family involved. But everything is going great. 
      Conference how crazy was that? now they go out at 18 and girls at 19. I was shocked!! I´m amazed but do kind of love the idea. We will see how it goes. Here in Peru it was like that for about 7 months or so but not for too long. but only for the young men and young women, that blew my mind. Cool though how the lord needs more missionaries. I love the missionary work and I hope that everything person that goes on their mission will puts their whole heart, might, and soul into the work. There really is no other time in your life, like the mission! I actually had my personal question answered in the conference too. I asked a question very specific and in the first session Pres. Uchtdorf answered it perfectly! So that whole talk I know was for me, and I needed it! So that was my favorite talk and as well from Elder Nash! I shook his hand and got to meet him my first transfer here when he was in the area presidency. Anyway I just love conference, I can´t believe it went by so fast, I wish it could last a week but sometimes good things end and we have to keep pushing forward in the work. 
      Well I´m still just working real hard and helping my zone out a lot. Next week is transfers and we´ll see if I get a new companion or if Elder Diaz will kill me!! It will be a fun last transfer and I just want to work real hard and leave it all in the field. 

Love you all,

     Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment