Tuesday, November 20, 2012

New Room!!



Dear family,                                                                                                                  6-25-12
     This week has been awesome, with a lot of distracts but really awesome. We had our multi-zone conference which went so well. It was really inspiring from the president, we talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon, how to find people to teach, and teaching better the commandments because lots of people here in Peru don´t pay their tithing, and that keeps them from the blessings of the temple. I wrote a talk about the importance of the Book of Mormon and about how God has prepared the Book of Mormon for these times from the beginning! And it’s so interesting when I went to look for scriptures, the book throughout testifies of itself. And it was a pretty sweet talk and then I wanted to give it at the mufti zone and I wasn't called on! :-( But that’s ok I learned a ton, and now I have another awesome talk ready for when I need it! ;-) I also learned that in training you learn 25% preparing for the training, 25% in the actually training, and then 50% of the training you learn after applying what you learned. I guess we could compare that to as well General Conference. 25% preparing to hear the prophets and apostles, 25% listening, and the 50% applying what they have told us. So look at how much of the lesson we are losing if we don´t prepare before or if we don´t apply it after 75%. That’s a lot we can learn and a lot of faith we can build. So prepare, learn, and apply! 
      Ok as well this week we moved houses!! WAHOOO Finally!! I´m so happy in our new house I feel so much more comfortable and clean. We have our privacy and a super nice family! I love this place and it nice that I can walk around the rooms with just my socks and they don´t get all dirty! :-) We feel the peace but we have been super tired these last couple days because we have been packing and things at night and not getting to bed until 12 or 1 in the morning and then waking up at 6:30 kills ya a little after 4 o 5 days. So today will be a nice day, after playing soccer we will go and rest! There are also people in the house that aren´t member so we are going to teach them! Our pensionista isn't a member and she was taking a ton of lessons from the missionaries a while ago. almost got baptized but didn't, so now it’s time, I think we came to this house for a reason because there are a couple other things that were going to happen if we didn't move in there. So life is good, the Zone as well is getting way better. The goal every week of contacts is 70 for every companionship and all but 2 areas made it, and the lowest number of contacts was 62!! There are 8 companionship in the zone. And yes I´m zone leader still, me and my companion are the zone leaders. Our companionship is the zone leaders! It’s pretty cool to be zone leader and fun to work with all the missionaries on work visits and things like that! 
      Well I hope everyone has a B-E-A-utiful week and love every minute of every day, and all that sunshine because we are getting less here, during winter all cloud cover every day without rain, its sad! :-( 
         Love you all,
            Elder Corbett

 p.s. put in the package cereal (that cereal that was always our favorite, put that in the box) and hot chocolate.
 p.s.s. What happened to the bishopric emails every month?!? I love those!




No comments:

Post a Comment