Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lots of learnin´


Dear family,                                                                                          7-9-12
     This week I learning and worked a lot. We did so many things this week I was just pooped yesterday after it all. We did two work visits (we change with other missionaries for a day as leaders and teach/learn from them). The assistant called me Monday night and said I’m going to visit you tomorrow Elder Corbett. Ok it was alright, I learned something’s but it was actually a little hard to teach with him because I felt like during the lesson he was trying to show off. Then I went Friday and visit with one of my good friends in the mission and worked our tails off that day. We had like 26 contacts and 3 lessons and 2 new investigators. It was an awesome day but we stayed up talking and doing things. He teaches really well and I like the way we taught together, he´s going home 3 weeks after I am. We also had our Zone Leader Council which was the best I´ve been to. The president got up in front and said they didn´t really have an exact agenda but we will see how it goes. It was so inspired what we talked about and how things went. Me and my companion saw the things we needed to do better and then how we could help the zone do a lot better. It went so well and very long, then when we got back to our area we had a couple investigators who needed to have their baptismal interview but there was no light in all our area. We went and told them we would do it Friday and went to our room because it’s dangerous without light at night. 
      We have some people progressing. But I want to tell you guys about a young woman we are teaching. She is 16 years old and she is cousin with some members and both their families live in that house. She was talking to the missionaries a long time ago but did progress until a couple weeks ago she received an answer that this church is true and wants to be baptized. The thing is that her parent’s don´t support her. She went and talked to them and said she wanted to get baptized and so her parents said, if you don´t go to either church (catholic or Mormon) for a month and the come back and tell us the same thing we will support you. We couldn´t talk to her for a couple weeks and then after a month she went and talked to her parents last week and they said NO tomorrow you have to come to the maze with us. She is very sad, but this last week we wrote her a card of support and she wrote us back the same night and told us how this was going to be trial in her life but after it all she will be faithful and testify that this gospel is true! She told us she was reading the book of Mormon and praying daily! This family is the best. Send me something cool from the United States to give to them. The girl and as well her family that’s so cool. She gave us a tie yesterday that were so pretty, and so send me something that they would love. That letter she wrote us built my testimony!

    It’s all true and I love it so very much!! 
       Love you all,
           Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment