Sunday, November 25, 2012

Just keep on swimming, keep on swimming, and keep on swimming....

Dear family,                                                                                                    7-30-12
      My mission is going really well, but I miss someone, my old companion. I talk to him still when I can because he´s assistant but I wish he was still my companion because I had the most fun with him than anyone else in my mission, and it was so enjoyable to teach with him. My new companion is cool but I feel he just copies my thought. It’s funny because I’ll say something like I say something about a zone or something that happening and he will just say the same things again that I said in agreement. He´s very humble though, but he just kind of follows whatever I say. So I guess I’m not going to have worries when I want to do something but I want him to as well put his own ideas in the pot. We´ll we will see how that goes this week with the zone leader counsel. 
    The work is progressing though, we had 2 baptisms this week, and one of those baptisms was a lady we only met with 3 times before her interview and baptism. She loves the gospel and she was baptized with her son. We have only known them for a little over 2 weeks. I love them though and they are so special to me. Their names are Iselit and David. Everyone here is saying now that I´m going to end my mission here. It could be but I could as well if I wanted or if the president felt it as revelation to change me my last transfer to a new area, but I don´t know. The next 2 transfers I’m going to be here! We don´t have any baptismal dates right now so we need to work hard this week and out of the 6 people that came to church help them take this step of faith. I also have something awesome to tell, our pension! (The one that cooks our food) I have a lot of confidence with her, and she isn´t member, so we watched the Joseph Smith movie and after she had the desire to be baptized. I always call her mom (in English) and it’s really funny but she is very special and before we were even in that house to live she went to the church by herself and loves to go. She just is a little hesitant about an actual date to be baptized. She will do it though because I asked her why she wanted to be baptized and she said, because it would be a new life, clean and ready to start over! That’s so cool!!! She also cooks so good, I actually show her things to cook to that she didn´t know, like quesadillas, cereal, or even toasted bread. Really hard huh? But she loves my cooking!!! lol I learned how to make cake and this next week I’m going to learn how to make apple pie and maybe even kill a guinea pig and eat it! It’s going to be interesting! 
       Well I´m loving the mission and will work hard to the end! 
   Elder Corbett

p.s. I tried to send more pictures but the computer didn´t let me
P7140303.JPG
P7220372.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment