Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lots of funny stories!


Dear Family,                                                                                                                 7-2-12
     Boy do I love you all. This week was finding a lot of new people to teach. The new investigators are really good and we had 5 people in the sacrament meeting this week of which all can progress. I´m excited about this next month we have the goal of 4 baptisms. The people are ready we just need to work hard. This last month we made our goal which was 3 baptisms. And they are good converts, we have a young man that’s 14 who introduces us to all of his friends on Friday, its was like 20 other young men, and so we took down all of their addresses and there is a family behind every one, so we will contact them this all this week. :-)
    Ok so 2 funny stories, we went looking for a young man who talked to us and wanted us to come over to his house. So we found his house and he Grandma was there and we talked to her first and she was probably 60 years old and she looked a little fat around the belly, and so my companion is looking at her and talking to her and then asks "how long have you been pregnant?" and she said "no I´m not pregnant, :-/ that’s just how I am a little fat." I just kind of hid my face a little and didn´t say anything. But she still let us come in and teach her grandson, she she was very nice. And then later we went to a reference of a convert and we´re talking with her and she said that her brand new blackberry cell phone was robbed that morning and it was very sad and we there and asking her when we could come by and I being not thoughtful, "so what’s your number to call you if we need to get a hold of you" :-/ She just stood there looking at me for a second and then we all started laughing. but that was a really funny day!! So the mission even though a lot of work and making people come unto Christ it’s a lot of fun! The last 6 months of your mission are the best in the whole world. I feel sad for the Sister missionaries because they miss the best part of the mission!! 
     Well that’s crazy about that thunderstorm, I wish so badly I was there, I miss rain and storms SO MUCH!!! I haven´t seen really rain for 18 months!!!!
   Love you all,
      Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment