Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Proselytizing with the President


Dear family,                                                                                      4-23-12
     I love you guys! This week has gone by so fast and I feel I had so many things I wanted to tell you guys but now I don`t remember much. Well I´ll just say this is the last week of this transfer, I´m sure I´m not going anywhere like usual and I’ll probably be with the same companion for a while. We actually had a bunch of success in the Zone and that’s only because the missionaries themselves are putting their part to find, teach, and baptize. Every area except 1 has had a baptism and every area except 1 has baptismal dates. The 1 that doesn`t have baptismal dates this week had 3 baptisms at the first of the month. Its going good right now, as well in the zone we have 10 baptisms, so I hope they all go through.
    In our area we baptized 2 this week, and that was just wonderful and so fun. We sang at the baptism "I like to look for rainbows" my companion played the guitar and I sang the first verse in English and then we both sang it in Spanish together. It was really pretty and then my companion baptized R.  She is part of the wonderful D family that I´ve been talking about.  Then I baptized B, who is the last one of his family. Both youth of 16 so now they have wonderful futures. This week we have 3 baptisms as well and had a couple for the next week but they didn`t come to church yesterday. :-( next week! 
     Well the big thing this week was that we got to work with the president! We were super excited and I think if it was at the first of my mission I would be super nervous but I was just excited for this. As well our zone is doing very well and so he´s seeing that. We had interviews with him Wednesday and then us as zone leaders ate lunch with him and then he left with us in our area until 9 at night. It was really powerful, he teaches like a normal missionary, contacts like a normal missionary but just loves to joke with the people and make them laugh but teach the principles very clear and simple. It was a wonderful experience for me and my companion and our investigators. I´m loving the mission I can´t believe just a couple weeks and I´ll call home again and it’s just interesting in your mission how you are just walking down the street and see something that happens and learn a great gospel truth in a whole new way. Look for them, they’re out there just need to have the spirit with you and it will talk to you. Those are blessing from the word of wisdom, You´ll find hidden treasures. (D&C 89:19) 
       Love you all and until next week with cards from Carson, haha
                 Elder Corbett


No comments:

Post a Comment