Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Official Post!

This is for all those that would like to keep up with Carson while he is on his mission. He is now in the Peru MTC. Many of his letters may not be edited to much, because of the time it takes to edit his letters with paragraphs and punctuation. Pictures that I post will not be particularly current but authentic.

I think I will start from the beginning and every day post a new letter until it is caught up to the current week. It shouldn't take long since we only hear from him weekly.

He received his call on July 9th. He was called to the Peru Lima West Mission and his report date to the Provo MTC is on Nov 17th. The language- Spanish.

Carson was set apart on Nov 15th By President Steven Hilton. He left from IAD-Dulles Airport in the early morning of Nov 16 for Salt Lake City. Upon his arrival Heidi, Logan and Abby(SIL)where there to greet him and be his companion until he was to report at the MTC Nov 17 at 11:00 am. Added bonus they ran into Uncle Don at the airport(Delilas's brother).

Here is the first letter we received from him in the Provo MTC.

Week 1 11-22-10
So let me start off with a funny story. A couple hours after being here and going back to my residence an Elder that was sitting on a bench, he started talking to me and asking me how I liked it and just making small talk. WELL...when I said goodbye I turned around and BOOM....POLE. So that was one of my first experiences at the MTC. It didn't really hurt it was just really funny and thought you would get a laugh out of it.
So my companion is Elder Paulson, is from Orem just like 2 mins away from here and he worked ground crew for BYU for like the past 4 years he says. As we walk to our class he can look and see the place he worked and his special girl still works there. We are getting along really well, he was called as District Leader and so that makes me Senior Companion. We have a lot of fun.
Today when I woke up though I felt so tired. Just learning so much in just these past 3 days has been ridiculous. I'm already trying to say as many things in Spanish as I can but it’s hard. Even right now Spanish words are zipping through mi mente. ;-) It’s just a lot to take in but boy is it teaching me a lot. I've learned to say my prayers in Spanish and how to bear my testimony. I say all my prayers in Spanish and they started off very simple but its slowing growing to be able to say what I want. I'm defiantly in the right place though and I just love ever min of it. We have some roommates (Elder Mackey and Elder Calvert) that are leaving tues for Mexico and they have been here for 11 weeks waiting on visa stuff. They are so excited to get out of here and they are so helpful and have taught me a lot.
Our district is awesome we have 6 elders and 5 hermanas. me and Elder Paulson are going to lima Peru west and 3 other sisters are going to Peru as well. Others are going to Salt Lake City and California. We have one Elder from Samoa who hadn't seen a Spanish word till he got here. He's doing really well trying to get things down though. I didn't realize how much it would help that I did have Spanish in high school but it does give me a good basis of where to start it actually helped me more than I thought.
So nothing more too really report just doing well and adjusting...might go take a nap to let my brain cool down for un momento. Send me letters and packages!!!! I never understood how much those mean until I got here and you just can't wait to go get the mail and see if you go something and if you get something it’s like Christmas! ;-) Thanks for all your support and hope everything is going well!
Love you all and thanks for the letter Mariah I'll get you one back soon! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Since when do Elder Corbetts get their own blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today! I was hoping that you wouldn't be notice I started our family blog when you left on your mission and I post all your letters on that blog. But I am more blog savvy now so it will work better if I can just post his stuff to that one.

    ReplyDelete