Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Family, 1-19-11

So yes I did have to get a shot in Provo sorry I forgot to mention that last time. but yes I did I had to get the yellow fever shot and now have this yellow card that if I lose it could be hard getting me back in the country, because I have to have proof of that shot. Anyways thanks everyone so much for you emails and support. It was great to hear from you too G-Ma ;-). So next Tuesday I will be out in the field, after 10 weeks it’s finally here!!! I´m super excited and my Spanish isn´t anywhere near perfect but at least I don´t have to be culture shot, I have been around fast talking Latinos for almost 6 weeks now. We got to go out on sat and track, I´ll talk about that in a min. ummm for things you guys could write me, ummm, just tell me cool things that have been going on that is different than your routine, I´m sure you have some cool things you do like about playing in the snow or something. Oh and things I need, if you could find a cord for my camera or a card reader that would be really cool then I could send you pictures over email.

Oh and I had a talk in Sacrament Meeting Sunday and it went really well. All Spanish and just using an outline not a word for word talk, it was awesome and on the atonement. They always just randomly pick people right then and everyone should have a talk ready on a assigned topic, usually one from each district but this week they choose one from our district and then picked me too so I was the last speaker.

So next Tuesday I will be leaving and getting a new companion and I´m so excited. My companion right now is from Lima Oeste (west) and he is always telling me about it, but he is going to La paz Bolivia.

We got to go out prosyliting on sat. and it was so awesome. So they split the CCM up into 4 groups ours was the smallest group but they drive us somewhere in the Lima central mission give us a whole bunch of pamphlets and LdM´s and tell you to go to work. In the morning we had a teacher with us and so we went to our little spot on the map, where my companion and I were supposed to go, and I’m thinking I guess this is where it starts feeling real. lol and so he´s like well start and so there was a door right there and I walked up to it and started knocking. The guy leans over the balcony and gives us like the hand that I thought meant go away but he walks down and lets us right in, it was crazy. We sat there and taught him for 45 mins and I´m thinking man this day is going to be so successful, well it was successful but not that easy. We ended up teaching only two people in the morning. Where we were teaching was little houses going up the hill and it reminded me a little of Pittsburgh with a lot staircases going all the way up to the top and just small houses crammed together. The other person we taught in the morning lived with nothing it was dirt floor his door was like a piece of ply wood and he didn´t have much and just sheets for a roof and sheets dividing the rooms. Later in the day it was just me and my companion and we taught at least 7 or so people mostly in the street but also a couple in the home and it was so cool. One time we were talking to a guy and gave him a Book of Mormon and some kids 12 to 14 years old were looking all curious and right behind us trying to see what we were doing and so I turn around and start teaching them by myself and it was a little hard but so cool. And they didn´t know anything about Jesus Christ and so that was cool to teach someone that. and the other guy we gave the Book of Mormon we walked by there a couple times and he was just in front of a store and he was just sitting there reading it and we would always wave to him and stuff.

Well love you all and Thanks for everything!!

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment