Saturday, January 22, 2011

Safe and sound in Peru!

Dear family and friends, 12-16-10

So I made it! It was a long flight and got some sleep thanks to my awesome travel pillow, but still a little tired. We got here and it was really crazy. I can´t believe this is going to be my home for the next 2 years. I´m so excited!!! I have already fallen in love with Lima.

The bus ride to the CCM (mtc) was really fun and exciting. It’s crazy I’m really here. This place is defiantly poor. I´m not in the US anymore, that’s for sure, I´m going to love it though. I already look like them; they pretty much gave me a buzz cut. :-( I don´t like it at all, I want my hair back. lol My stomach and Spanish are really going to be tried now.

I have a companion from Columbia but I haven´t meet him yet but it will be hard at first communicating but I will learn fast. (Someone just came in to ask us something and wow it was hard to pick up and talk back lol) My P-day is on wed and in our sheets it says the mail goes out every Monday for us. I hope you all get my Christmas gift and like it. I can´t believe it’s almost Christmas.

I get to play soccer outside today. I finally, get to truly run around outside. I´m glad I got to call so many people when my flight was delayed because we had no time in LA, the plane actually waited for us because there were 30 of us. (not 40 like I originally said but close). Ok well we were only supposed to write that we got here safe and everything, so I´m here and I´m safe and I´m going to be working really hard these next couple weeks.

Thanks for everything!

Love you, Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment