Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 7 (who is counting)

1-5-2011

You guys really need to write on Tuesday night because this whole Wednesday thing just isn´t working for you(I promise we were sending our emails at the same time, we are doing better, until his p-day changes) but I will check the computer again later so please write still. Abby and the prune size baby were the only ones to write me, again. lol (Good thing we have Abby and the prune size baby - now a lemon size baby - in our family. Just so you know we are excited to have that baby in full size coming to our family)

We only have like 40 missionaries here right now so it’s so nice and I will check this again at around 10:30 just to read your email. I´m glad Abby and them are doing well. let me know what Scott is up to. I think he´s going back to school right? so starting this week you can send packages to my mission home and at I’ll get you that address if it’s not in the my call packet. So I´m sad to see another group leave, but at least I will be in the next one. :-) only 3 more week of the CCM, I´m so glad. I can´t wait to get out and start teaching, I can´t believe 10% of my mission is in the CCM. That’s crazy. It’s like a tithe of a tithe lol. So new years were alright I didn´t do anything and the next day just felt the same, lol but I still can´t believe it’s 2011. Wow soon it will 2012 and then I’ll be coming home. lol see it’s not that long at all. I am really enjoying it here though and Lima isn´t as scary anymore as at first with the busses and crazy traffic, I´m used to it now. so my companion is gone and now I´m going to get a new one his name is Elder Zavala (I think, it’s on a sheet in my room he´s not here yet though.) Oh and today we get to go on a tour which everyone says is the highlight of the CCM. I´m so excited and I’ll do some fun shopping and get to see a whole bunch of cool things and actually got to walk on the beach!! It’s going to be awesome, I´ll take lots of pictures so you can see Lima. ;-) and then after I have to get another hair cut, :-(. I want my hair back.

Well Sunday was a nice relaxing day they had us watch like 2 movies, we watched the best two years and then later that night the Joseph Smith movie. I loved the JS movie of course but the best two years we a little home sickining, I love the movie but I had to pull myself back into what was going on after and so it was a different feeling.

My Spanish is improving and I taught a lesson on Sunday in district meeting without writing down exactly what I wanted to say and just said what I wanted people to truly understand about what I was teaching. It was really good. I´m also getting really good at ping pong because we can play after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ummm...oh yeah...we get to go contacting on the streets on sat. So that will be an awesome experience and fun. I hope my new companion is cool, it’s crazy to think it will be his first day, I feel like that was forever ago and I´ve been here forever but it also feel like just a day. I don´t think you have any sense of time while you’re on your mission. Oh I saw a puppy last week and it was as cute as a little guzman. hahaha oh so funny story there, we had a Elder in our latino district who came up to like my chest and he was the coolest Elder ever and so we always say it’s as cute as a guzman or that’s about one guzmark away. He was so cool and for some reason he really wanted to trade me watches and would always point at me and wink at me and stuff, I´m sad he´s gone. Well this week was pretty routine and not super a lot has happened but it’s been a lot of fun and our districts just switched up!

Anyway I love you all,

Elder Corbett

So I just saved a couple mins to read your emails and send some short stuff back. For packages and letters now just tell everyone to send them to my mission home. I will be there in 3 weeks and that will be fine! for that package that emily wants to send yeah just send it there as soon as you want but don´t send any packages here to the CCM (MTC). My mission address is: Elder Carson Corbett; Misión Perú Lima Oeste; Carlos Salaverry 3664; Urb. Panamericana; Los Olivos, Lima; peru! Every semi-colon is a line below. sorry I don´t know how to get an enter on these computers, it like doesn´t work. So if you want to send me that little card reader I could send you pictures through the email or you could just wait till the card is full and send it home. But do send that other one back to me that I gave to heidi. hope you enjoyed those pictures, put them up on my profile on that website that has something to do with books and faces. LOL ;-) oh and dad it doesn´t look like emperors new groove, traffic is crazy, there are like 5 lanes for a 3 lane road and it’s just really fun . They have huge roundabouts everywhere and if I had to drive I would be stuck for hours in it, it’s just a whole different style of driving but traffic actually moves faster! Its defiantly poor and the tops of building...well there are no real tops LOL the bricks just kind of stop and you see everyone’s clothes hanging up to dry. Its very third world and I´m loving it. Oh and I´m loving the food as well...MMMM rice has never tasted better! I´m excited for some pizza tonight though, we get to go eat somewhere on our tour and someone told me there is a really good pizza place I could go so I’m excited. I´ll buy lots of cool stuff for super cheap and just have a load of fun today and then when we get back play some more fútbol or fútbol americano. We played Fútbol americano this morning and it was a load of fun and I’ve taught some of the Latinos in the last group how to play Ultimate Frisbee and that we so fun! But yeah get that address to everyone and anyone and I´d love letters! ;-) If you could get me the Hermanas Howards address I want to just write them a quick little letter! If you send pouch don´t put anything but the letter itself into the envelope you aren't allowed to put pictures or anything just paper. lo siento. and tell Emily to send that package, I would love it! ;-) Thanks for all the Christmas gifts, I wake up every morning and make me some hot chocolate at breakfast and that kit will come in handy and it was so much fun opening every little thing. Well love you guys I miss you and will just enjoy every min while I´m here. Oh and I knew we were in the same time zone. ;-) It drove me crazy at Christmas time though because I knew exactly what you were probably doing! But I´m glad we are here!

Love you all and hope to you hear from you soon!

Elder Corbett!

No comments:

Post a Comment