Saturday, January 22, 2011

week 6

12-28-2010

So let me first get logistics out of the way!!! For packages, don´t send them to me while I’m here. In two weeks send them to my mission office because while I´m here in the CCM I can´t receive packages it just too much of a hassle because we have to go pick them up and stuff and so just don´t send them. If you want to do letters send them through pouch. I hope Emily gets my letter soon and I also sent Emily and Scott one last week. For letters they say it takes about a week through pouch mail and a week through the regular mail system, if you send it through the normal way you just have to pay for the foreign stamp and we always have ours sent out on Monday and it takes 2 days for them to get to SCL and then sent out from there. Also with DearElders we get those once a week, so I got your letters last Wednesday night Abby and Logan, Thanks so much!! Ummm am I forgetting anything? oh yes and the address is just the Lima CCM address in the packet for letters and I can come prepared to get you my mission address next week if you don´t have it, but yeah just the one that says the Lima CCM or MTC whatever for letters right now. Oh and also I have no idea when I have internet it could be at 6 in the morning or at 5 in the afternoon it changes each week because we go to the temple at different times. (The enter bars don´t work here)

But today I went to immigrations and we have to get our ID´s and everything but while I was there I was telling another Elder about DC and how it has a lot of traffic all the time and I was explaining kind of the roads and this lady in front of us probably late 20´s she turned around and started saying about DC´s roads and how they were arranged and a grid system and I started talking to her and she got up and had to do something and we had five elders there and they all told me I needed to talk to her about us and so when she came back and sat back down I started talking to here again about why she was in Peru and that kind of thing and then I asked her if she had ever seen missionaries before and if she knew what we do and things like that. And she was really receptive and I didn´t have anything on me like pass along card or even my book of Mormon but I pretty much taught her about Jesus Christ and the restoration and it was so cool and then I gave her the mormon.org and lds.org website and she was just asking all types of questions to us about why we are on missions how does it work and what do you do and it was so good. I really hope she goes and checks it out. I feel so bad though I never asked her name. :-( I was also very nervous but because she was really nice I really was happy she let us teach her. After talking to her a little bit just about Jesus Christ and our Church I asked do you want to know more? and she was like well you´ve already started so go ahead and it was really awesome and we talked about eternal families. It was kind of choppy but really good.

Ok now about Christmas, for Christmas I opened my presents in the morning! THANKS I have a new favorite tie, I LOVE that orange one, lots of people have this blue one with that pattern but I had never seen orange and I absolutely love it! So we broke piñatas and played volleyball and kickball as activities and it was really fun and then we had a speaker and devotional that night which was really good, I loved it!

I´ll be honest though Christmas eve was really hard because it just didn´t feel like Christmas at all and I just could imagine what you guys were doing but that night we all were in the garden and we sang every Christmas song we could think of at like the top of our lungs and it was so fun!!! My Spanish is still improving I think, lol

Well love you all and send my love,

Elder Corbett!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment