Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 2 November 26, 2010

This place is awesome I'm learning so much, I actually have been running into a lot of people from college and other places. Like I was walking to class and I saw Elder Carroll who was one of my best friend from school in Arizona and stopped it. He just got his visa and left but he was delayed a week or something waiting. It was so cool! so with my visa I don't know yet, I'm expected to leave on the 15th of December to go down to Peru with probably a whole group but I'm not sure about any delays they don't give you any word till they give you your travel plans but until then you just have to wait patiently. A lot of people going to Mexico got delayed, our roommates just left Tuesday and they have been here almost 12 weeks. They were so ready to get out. But now we have our own room till maybe wed!! its nice and peaceful, expect if you lock yourself out like I did and last night lol. I had to dress up in another missionary’s clothes and go get a key from the front desk.

So yesterday being thanksgiving we had a morning devotional and it was the best. Elder Jeffery R. Holland came and he gave the best talk but he also had his ENTIRE family with his so it was really emotional for him and his wife and they were so excited that his family could have the MTC experience. He said we were part of his family in his talk and it was the best. And all his grandchildren got up and sang and it was the cutest thing because it was as if you guys were up there singing. He was really funny though because his oldest granddaughter was 18 and he was making jokes that she was the one we should just back off of. But he also ended his talk explaining how thankful he is for our savior Jesus Christ. He talked about how as he preaches he knew his disciples and everyone would leave him utterly alone and he knew it and was ok with that. He was ok with that because he knew his father would always here there for him. But he said the biggest and most powerful cry from any man on earth would be when he cried out on the cross and said, "Father why hast thou forsaken me." and The Savior of the World was utterly alone. And Elder Hollands talked about how sometimes we don't think of the fathers sacrifice, having to leave your son, in his anguish, hanging on the cross. That’s what missionary work is all about. Helping our Savior, Its about helping my brother do this work that he is still doing today.

Elder Holland said I don't want to hear you say your homesick I don't want to hear you said you'd rather be doing something else, because you are helping Your Savior, My Savior, and the Savior of those you will teach. Is it so wonderful getting to know my brother here in the MTC, one that has felt every emotion that I have felt. I was told that this is the most spiritual place on the planet, there are not more people in one place on the entire face of the world that are leaving a higher law that the rest of the world doesn't live and striving to do the fathers will. Spanish is slowly coming but that is not why I am here. It’s so I can know and learn of my Savior Jesus Christ. And our branch president even said, before you leave I never ask you how your Spanish is, but rather how have I come to know the Redeemer of the world.

Friday is my P-day and got to go to the temple this morning. My district is awesome! Yeah me and my companion are leaving the same time we go here the same time. Its really cold and I would like a jacket and been trying to buy one from the book store but they have been closed because of that Utah storm of the century, IT WAS REDICULOUS!! lol jk we didn't even get anything but they closed everything down. I was very disappointed I wanted something big!

Love you all and send me letters, ;-)

Love,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment