Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 4



Dear Family and Friend, 12-10-10

(I hope you are putting my email up somewhere cuz everyone asks me how it’s been going and I explain it most of the time in my email.)

So I got my visa and we are leaving Wed. I'm actually really nervous and kind of don't want to leave this place. I have loved it here for the past month but I'm also excited to be a little more immersed in empanel. Ummm I´m going to sending my Christmas gift home today and it’s going to be in a big envelope. There will also be an envelope in there for Emily as well for Christmas. I wasn´t sure whether to send it to her house or to Rexburg because it’s the end of the semester so if you could just do that for me (I don´t know her address). Graciás! It’s just some stuff I thought you guys would love and some pictures of me. oh and I’ll be sending back my Patriartical blessing cuz I got it copied, shrunk and laminated.

So a new district finally came into our zone this week after 3 weeks of not getting anyone, and I was so excited to introduce myself to them and one of them as they were walking into their class room I stopped him and said we are going to be your new best friend!! I was telling him my name and then I ask him and he said his name was Elder Kennedy, And BOOM he is an exact replica of his brother! I asked him if his brother was Griffin and how I knew him and play Frisbee with him and his brother and my brothers are best friends. and so I have Elder Kennedy´s, who came to our house, younger brother in our zone. He is already their district leader and is an awesome Elder.

So on Tuesday we had Elder Zwick of the seventy come and it was one of the best talks I’ve ever heard. He talked a ton about his mission but also about coming to know Christ and how on these two years we will come to know Christ like we never have before. He has a mentally handicap son but once when they were driving in the car he was quite for a very long time and then he asked, "mom and dad, Do you know Jesus?" and that question has been going through my head a lot. Do I truly know Jesus or do I just believe in him? In English we have one word for "to know" but in Spanish and in a lot of other languages there are two different words, one is saber-which is like to know something or intelligence. but conocer- which means to know someone and to be familiar. We may sabamos Jesus but do we conocemos Jesus. (and that was very bad Spanish English but I hope you get the idea) I have been getting closer and closer to Jesucristo by being here! I'm so glad for being able to be on a mission and it hasn't all been easy but I'm trying to keep in mind this is isn't my mission. I'm fulfilling Christ’s mission on the earth.

I'm so happy for Logan and Abby! That is so incredible and it makes me cry right now! I feel so crazy just wishing I could celebrate with you guys but I'm so glad I'm here as well.

Love you,

-Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment