Monday, January 24, 2011

1-13-11

Yup tour was defiantly the highlight of the CCM here. it was a blast, so we first went to the beach and saw it and it wasn’t the prettiest beach but it was the beach. It’s like you couldn’t tell where the horizon was because it was just a gray blur all the way our there but it was nice to be down there. Then we saw some other cool little things and then we went this center square area and they let us off the bus in front of this huge Catholic church, I thought it was funny. And then they said, alright you have 1 1/2 hours to do whatever so me and Elder Paulson went around and just went down the streets looking for things. I bought a cool shirt and sweet jacket and a couple other little things. It was a blast! We got some of that pizza, it was SO GOOD. Yeah for 2.50 soles you get a piece of pizza and a small drink. I got two. (1 dollar is equal to 3 soles) so it was less than a dollar for each one and then a got 2 scoops of ice cream for 1.50 soles. It was so fun! When you go and buy things you barter for them and try to wedge down the price. The most annoying thing was that this little girl followed us almost all the way down the first street trying to sell these little pins of people, she was like 10 years old and keeps saying, or me my friend and my question was why are you not in school little girl but it was a lot of fun and took some pictures.

So Sat. we get to go out on the streets, there are 4 groups and 4 busses that go to different places and from 8 in the morning till 5 or 6 at night we will be out on the streets. I am so excited. It will be awesome and we have to get like 15 or something contacts information and they give us 2 Book of Mormons and we can’t come back with them so it will be a fun experience. You are so right Logan I am so blessed to be able to come to this CCM because I felt like I knew nothing in

Provo. I can communicate now and knowing I won’t be able to understand completely what they are saying won’t be a shock and neither will the fast talking because all my teachers down here can talk is Spanish. It’s really good and even this last week I have gotten a ton better with my new companion. Oh yea so my new companions name is elder Zavala he is 24 and so much fun. He comes up to my neck/chin in height and is just so funny. He is always putting his arm around me and we are always doing fun stuff. He is so amazing at soccer as well and for you that saw me be bad at soccer playing world cup oh do I have a surprise for you!! ;-) well out of time again.

LOve you all,

Elder Corbett

p.s. tell Emily to send the package to my mission home and I will get it as soon as I get in the field

No comments:

Post a Comment