Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 3





Week 3 12-3-10

Dear Family and everyone,

So I can't believe its already P-day again weeks go by so fast but days seems to drag on forever. Yeah they don't let us go to BYU that’s Babylon. (That’s what we call the outside world. when someone is leaving we say they are going to Babylon) A typical day consists of waking up at probably 6:05, taking a shower and getting ready. Being down to class at 7 then reading for 30 mins El Libro do Mormon with our district. Helps us pronounce things in Spanish and see if we can pick anything up as we read. I pick up little things here and there and starting to be able to read a little bit of Spanish. Then we go to breakfast and then we have class usually twice a day with our two teachers. Hermano Clover and Hermano Goodrich. I feel like Hermano Clover is exactly like me in how he teaches and in the kind of personality he has. I think it’s kind of funny. umm and we also have gym for 50 mins., during the day to give our minds a break. Then we also eat at 12 and 5 and I'm tired of eating. I have been gaining weight but its good weight! Like me and my companion are doing this 15 min abb exercise every mon., wed, and fri. I'm getting my abbs back! Its called Abb Ripper X! It’s pretty fun my abbs hurt for like 4 days after doing it for the first time and I couldn't do everything but now I’m able to do it all. But anyway it’s either class instruction or study time all day long till 9:00pm and then we plan for the next day. At first studying all day was a little difficult but it’s becoming more and more enjoyable and I love it. Oh and on P-days we get to go to the temple in the morning and then do preparations stuff till 5:45. It’s nice.

So this Tuesday though we heard from your leader, Mom. Sister Julie Beck came and spoke to us and told us so many wonderful stories and it was so fun to listen to her. This week I think I really feel like a missionary, we watched a talk "Becoming a missionary" by Elder Bednar and also a talk "Miracle of a Mission" by Elder Holland. They were given here at the MTC in 2005 and 2000 so you can't watch them but they were so good and bold. And it’s really awesome Dad that you mentioned the Law of Consecration because my Branch President in a meeting with our district that came up and it’s so awesome that we covenant to live it but its true we aren't asked to yet, EXECPT missionaries. We are the only ones asked to live it and truly give up everything for this work, but also with that we are the only ones blessed accordingly. I never thought about that before it that one reason why missionaries might be so blessed if they are truly living that law/convent and keeping it. Listening to the “Miracle of a Mission” was truly remarkable that this work is just as much for those that we teach as it is for us. Also that his work isn't easy, it never has been for the saints and hopefully never will be. Holland gave his reason, that salvation does not come at a easy price. If the savior himself had to suffer more then we could ever imagine why we would not need to suffer a fraction for that same reward. It’s such an amazing work and wouldn't come home till he says your work is done and you have made me proud. But Bednar also said, "when you mission is done leave the mission but not the mission field."

Love,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment