Saturday, January 14, 2012

11 Months!

Dear Family and Friends, 10-17-11

Well this week has been a little harder than other weeks, we are working hard and had the baptism of the little girl and that went well. But we didn`t have to many lessons this week. Just a ton won`t home or had a problem and we had 2 that came to church with us but its just been a harder week. I am excited for 2 youth that are going to get baptized this sat. One named Omar and the other Fernando, 18 and 17 years old. They are two really good candidates for missionaries and they are wonderful. I`m so excited for them and I hope the ward gets excited and comes the baptism as well. We found a couple more new people to teach and this week we will see what happens with them. Everything is going well with me and my companion and just doing the work happy and obedient.

I can`t believe I have 11 months now and next month I`ll have a year and Scott will be getting ready to go to Italy! I miss you guys a lot right now. It’s not that I’m dying to come home or don`t want to be here in my mission, I`m loving the time I have to serve the Lord. But I miss the people that you are, the things you guys did to make me laugh and brighten up my day. I love you all so very much and all I think I really want right now is a Hug. I think those are the things I miss the most. Its something so simple but yet very important. 2 years is 2 years and its going by but during this time I love each and every one of you. I love my mission with all my heart and I know I`m doing what the Lord would have me do and for being obedient sometimes you do have to stand alone! My old companion wants to get back at me somehow for something that happened and as soon as I learned what happened I told pres. But if we are obedient we need not fear. I love him so very much and want the best for him, but Elder Holland is 100% right. You can`t call people down the straight and narrow path is you are going down forbidden ones. If you try it I hope you choke on your words. I think I`m learning a little bit more about loving all and especially my enemies. To love your Enemy you first need to not have any! maybe they hate you but you can`t want or have the same desire they have. Í love the people here in Perù and maybe you don`t know any of them but they are people just like you, they don`t live or eat the same way but the things they think and doubt are the same that you think and doubt. Remember that! God loves all his children and each and every one of them is important!

I finished the Book of Mormon and I was reading the end and all the wickedness that there was almost made me cry because I thought these times will be worse. And sometimes just as things that god does goes one house and family at a time so does the devil almost unseen. He knows how God works and because he has thousands of years of experience but he cannot deny the truth and laws of God, Which are real! The Book of Mormon is true, I don`t have a 100% knowledge about all the things but I believe with all my heart and that’s enough for the Lord. I love him and trust in his hand! Read those pages and there are your answers!

I love you all send a great big hug from Peru to you guys and hope you received my letter I sent!

Love,

Elder Corbett!

p.s. In the picture wear I`m wearing Glasses, It made me realize that me and Logan do look a lot alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment