Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Devil is a Jerk!

Dear Family and Friends, 1-30-12

To start off on the good notes, I realized some really cool things this week, I´m reaching my potential. I was reading my journal of the first 2 transfers of my mission and I realized I kept writing something like, ¨I´m teaching but I feel I´m missing something." or "I feel a can teach at whole different level and I just can´t reach it." I think I´ve reached it: taking every lesson and making it into a reflection time for the person to really understand that spiritual things. I have the confidence to say I´m reaching my potential! I know I never would have gotten here either if I didn`t work every day. From the very first day I was in the field I´ve worked my tail off, and that really is the trick!

Ok with the bad news, the investigator that was so awesome, Luis B, didn´t gets baptized this weekend. He went to his interview Friday and then he needed another interview sat before his baptism just for the baptism to authorize. He never showed up and since Friday night I haven´t seen him. So be looking for a Luis, and if you find him tell him we love him and are looking for him! lol But really I am very worried, it’s very strange we haven´t found him at his house and hasn´t answered his phone, so I´m praying that he is ok.

Other notes no one came to church yesterday! :-( We had a ton of people that said they would come, we passed by their house and they weren´t there. We had a relative of someone that came and isn´t a member but he´s listened to the missionaries and the problem is his parents.

Ok and the saddest of all, after that wonderful story last week we are having a problem with this family. So the house in which the mom lives isn´t hers it’s her moms. So we have been teaching them there and we saw no problem but Sat. the grandma, as we were walking over there, pulled us off to the side and pretty much tried to bash the church, and say why are you guys coming over to her house and our religion is a lie and a bunch of crap. And every time we tried to say something she wouldn´t listen and cut us off, The saddest part is that she is friends of our recent convert and she was sitting right there too. It was like stabbing a knife in the back of her friend. We said sorry and we won´t visit her home, tried to share our testimonies but we said, we may not be able to use your home but you can´t keep the truth from your family. This family as I said last week, is prepared to here the gospel, I hope they don`t get discouraged because of this and we can teach them in the church by all means.

I did learn something very valuable from this though, I have one super strong convert who after we left there started attacking her, saying we don´t use the bible, we pray to Joseph smith and we don´t believe in God and a bunch of stuff. She told them straight up, "look, you are sinning because you really don´t know what these boys teach, and if I join a church it’s not because of the church it’s because I know that it’s true." She defended her beliefs; I think sometimes we need more members like that, who in a moment of attack defend what they truly know!! Be a defender of Truth.

I had a conversation in a lesson with an investigator who said, I´m doubting my beliefs of my other church and told him, doubt is a good thing, it makes us look for the truth but we must do our part to look and then we can be sure because God lets us know! Be sure of your beliefs! If you’re not sure look for the surety! I know without a doubt in my mind that this church is the true church of God, the only one that teaches the fullness of the Gospel. And oh how I wish everyone could listen to this message and know for themselves that it is true. It’s like the scripture, Oh if I were an angel with the voice of a trumpet. (don´t remember very well the scripture but I´ll find it later!) Alma 29:1

Love you all and I thank you all for your support and blessing that you pour out upon my head! Stay strong and find that testimony within you!

Love you all,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment